PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Minnesota

Randy Up North
01-16-2004, 10:11 AM
I am buying my first boat....Larson 190 I/O 4.3 Volvo......and was wanting to know everones favorite spot in Minnesota. All we need now is warm wheather and I will be there.Thanks! Randy

sidewound
01-16-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm from N. Ia. That's close!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

northern baja
01-19-2004, 05:57 AM
Hello... I'm Northern Baja and I'm a Minnesotan.
Sounds like an MA meeting doesn't it!
It's almost more than I want to admit. But hey I'm a Packer fan and spend most of my time on the Wisonsin edge.
I spent about 10 years in a 19' larson SEi with the 4.3, so I know where your coming from. D oyou wet your wick in the river or one of the 10,000 puddles? :cool: :wink:

sidewound
01-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Hey Baja! We're colse!
I live on the first of the 10,000 puddles.
I never had a 4.3 volvo!:D :eek: :eek:
You ever come south?
I got the official FIREBOAT on the pond.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/114100_0136-med.jpg
CESAR

northern baja
01-19-2004, 05:19 PM
;)
Sidewound,
What pond do you play in? Your pic looks like your having much more fun than I'm allowed. What kind of numbers do think that puddle jumper will do?
Some advice. Don't come up to Lake Pepin thrown perfectly nasty water around like that. We're in the midst of a drought, they probably bust ya out of jealousy er I mean wastin' water!
I'd be happy with the top side of 70.

sidewound
01-19-2004, 06:42 PM
BAHA!
I'm in Clear Lake Ia. A little lake about 7 miles long. Lotsa water tho! It's right off I-35. Mile 194.
My boat's not too fast. 60 maybe. I only had it up for the last six weeks last year and didn't get a lot of tuning done. It does roost it up pretty well though.
If ya ever get a hair you're welcome to come boatin. Better wait awhile tho!
And where is this up north guy who posted this thread?
CESAR

northern baja
01-20-2004, 04:30 AM
I have a brother-n-law that is a boat dealer down your way in algona, so we may make it down that way. He owns American Marine there. He alway has nice boats and cold beer. Have a great day!;)

mud duck
01-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Northern Baja, I have a cabin up near Grand Rapids and boat there mostly, however the neighbors have started complaining about my boat's noise. So, after work I also hit the St. Croix River several times a summer. I just returned from the San Diego boat show which was a big disappointment. We have more custom boats in our little Minneapolis boat show than they get in San Diego. I guess the big boat show is in LA. May have to plan another trip. I would love to fly around Lake Pepin with you some time. Keep throwing that rooster tail around Sidewound. :D

northern baja
01-21-2004, 04:41 AM
We should be thinking about all getting together for the Liquid Jungle run this Summer. we've got a little place right above the upper marina in Wabasha. IT not a bad base to boat from.
I've enjoyed the boating crowd we encounter and love checking out all the hardware(and software) along the way.
So when is it going to warm up! :) :)

missinglink
01-26-2004, 08:52 AM
I live in SE Minnesota and boat mostly in pool 8 but been as far north as Lake City wanted to make it to Red Wing but the lake looked way to rough and been as far south as Dubuque,IA Looks like it will be awhile before the boats come out.

Mn Howard Cat
01-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Hay mud duck how's that new motor of yours coming a long????
Lake Pepin is not all that bad you should try Lake of the Ozarks
:)

mud duck
01-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Have not started yet. Mark moved his shop this winter and he still has all of my bolt-ons, so he will probably build it but has not had time yet. I spoke to a few builders in San Diego and they thought I should go with a 540 instead of a 502. My blower is only a B&M 250 so that might not handle a 540's needs. I have gotten different opinions on this topic. 502 or 540, both should bolt up to everything else just fine. What a dilemma. :mad:

Mn Howard Cat
01-30-2004, 07:05 PM
So what is your E.T.A.??? do you think you'LL have id done for this spring?? I'm still going round and round with the insurance companies:mad:

mud duck
02-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Oh I think this spring is still a good posibility, depending on parts devilery. Your insurance companies are not cooperating, what a suprise. Wasn't it a hit and run? That is exactly why we buy insurance, right? :confused:

Mn Howard Cat
02-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Ya your right but if they don't do something soon I wont have a boat for the summer:rolleyes:

mud duck
02-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I will lend you a paddle and we can go screaming down the St. Croix river together without a motor. :D

Mn Howard Cat
02-08-2004, 10:48 AM
Well I do have a fall back plan I also have a Sugar Sand Tango 4+2 but it's jest not as fun. You can only beat your self up for so long and the top speed of 45 jest dont cut it if you know what I mean.

jockorace
02-15-2004, 08:20 PM

jockorace
02-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Cool !! I finally got rid of the Avatar that was NOT my photo.
Anyone still thinking about a Minnesota Hot boat gathering this next summer? It would be cool with all types of drives (outboard, I/O, jet, v-drive, rubber band, etc.) How about some location suggestions. I go to the Brainerd area (Crosslake), however any relatively centrally located lake would work, preferably with a lakeside park . A good example would be Forest Lake. (a few fast eggbeaters there, I hear!)
I would travel actually anywhere in the state if this event was big enough.
Any other input?? Dave

mud duck
02-17-2004, 04:58 PM
What about Mille Laces? That is as centrally located as possible. It would have to be somewhere the cops are nice. :D

jockorace
02-17-2004, 08:44 PM
Duck,
Mille Lacs could work, but I don't know what kind of places there are to cruise around to. I've never been there, so cannot really say.
I would be willing to help orgainize a Poker Run at CrossLake or Gull Lake, both of which have at least 5 great Bar/Restaurants with good docks for card stops. They also have a few large 'Hot Spot' beaches to hang out and meet.
Even though I know those lakes pretty good, it might help to be further east (still in Minnesota) so a few cheeseheads can attend. We could the reciprocate and go to thier Wabasha ? Lake event in Wisconsin. If this can happen, I know a group of fast outboards who will be there.
(and probably spank us all ----they're FAST!!) Dave

mud duck
02-18-2004, 11:27 AM
I do not know much about Mille Lacs either. I drive past it on the way to the cabin eight to ten times a season, but have never actually been on the water. All I know is what I see from Hwy 169. I would probably participate in some event (Forest Lake, Gull Lake). However, I am not familar with Cross Lake. We also have the St. Croix and Mississippi to consider. I enjoy idling through the marinas once in awhile looking at the triple engine fountains and drooling (or maybe that is the alcohol). Anyhow, I have to get my boat back together before any firm plans can be made for this summer. :mad:

wowchad
02-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Could you MN guys clue me on to a few good boat shows up there?
Milwaukee's sucked!!! The closest thing to a hot boat they had at the big boat show was a Crownline.
It started to look good though....shame on me.
Mn Howard Cat what are you looking to buy?
Nordic is comming out with a Cat this year, them Howard or Ultra are the three I'm looking at for a purchase soon.
Last years Liquid Jungle run was fun even though I broke my Baja.

wowchad
02-26-2004, 01:45 PM
How do you like your Ultra?
Where is it?!?

mud duck
02-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Wowchad, I like my Ultra a lot. But there are so many brands out there that I would be happy with many of them. Ultra's are slightly heavier than some boats. Currently, my boat wont go. :( There is a large empty cavity in the rear that needs a new occupant to make the boat go. I hope I will be back ready to fly come June. We will see. :D

Mn Howard Cat
02-27-2004, 03:14 PM
[i]
Mn Howard Cat what are you looking to buy?
Nordic is comming out with a Cat this year, them Howard or Ultra are the three I'm looking at for a purchase soon.
Last years Liquid Jungle run was fun even though I broke my Baja. [/B]
I still don't know what's going to happen with my boat so as of now I have a Howard Cat with a big ass hole in the back but it would be fun to hook up with you guys this summer. Maybe the Miss st. croix poker run or some thing???