PDA

View Full Version : Max Machine Worx

Jrocket
02-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Anybody running one of their drives or have any of their parts in your own drives? Just curious on how their stuff is holding up?.... :)

mbrown2
02-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Jrocket:
Anybody running one of their drives or have any of their parts in your own drives? Just curious on how their stuff is holding up?.... :) I am not running their stuff, but interested in the same. I talked them last week about their Drive Component kits, and they seem like really nice folks...mailed me the catalogue and pricing info out the next day (the stuff online is difficult to make sense of)...Their Power Tower just appears so much more bullet proof then anything out there.

playdeep
02-22-2003, 09:52 PM
Just got back from Havasu...
I stopped in at Max Machine to check out they're products.
Aaron(co-owner)spent about an hour showing us around,explaining what causes drives to fail and giving advice on how to keep a drive together.
The most eye opening part of our tour was seeing all of the specialty drive builders(i.e.IMCO,Teague,Merc XR)parts side by side.
You can see difference in shaft size,bearings,carriers etc..
The power tower that they build is really impressive when compared to a standard tower.
These guys really seem to know they're stuff.
Tyler Crockett has pair of Max drives behind 1300h.p. with no problems.

Jrocket
02-24-2003, 08:36 PM
Looks like I need to stop by their shop and take the tour!! :D I wonder how many drives they have done that are local havasu people? Would like to know how they hold up!! :)