PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum or cast manifolds???

Russ
04-18-2002, 05:50 PM
I was looking for exhaust manifolds for my 347ci ford...There is not a lot to choose from for small block ford... Drew has aluminum ones or i could get cast center riser from Canada...cast are a lot cheaper..Is there any problem with aluminum manifolds that i should worry about??Russ

river_rat
05-11-2002, 12:25 PM
I've been running eddie marine thunder for 3yrs in salt with no problems

Russ
05-12-2002, 03:42 PM
Holy Cow!!!!!! Somebody answered....Thank you,,,thank you!!!!!Here is part two to the question....I would like to put center riser manifolds on with thru hull exhaust...Also I was planning to tee the exhaust to my original Y pipe and out the leg to act as a balance tube....Last,, should i use slip in silencers or shotgun silencers from drew marine....How loud would this set up be???? I want performance but I don't want the family to go deaf.....
River_rat.....What engine are your manifolds on.....Russ.....

SouthernComfort
05-14-2002, 05:01 AM
I have a set of Thumper Power alum. exhaust I put on about 6 months ago. Got rid of alot of weight and picked up performance to. The boat is used in saltwater and is flushed after each use. No problems notes as of yet.
If your going thru hull get Captains Call by corsida (SP?). This will allow both thru hull and normal under water exhaust switchable from the dash. When with the family use under water mode, when by yourself go thru hull and raise some hell!
Bob

Russ
05-15-2002, 04:28 AM
Switchable exhaust is not legal in "THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CANADA" Russ..