PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed With My Installation

payloan
03-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Just got home from picking up the boat at the stereo shop and I dont know if my expectations were too high or what but whatever it is all I can say is I'm not satisfied. First thing he had me sold on was the fact that he said that he would build the boxes so that the subs would hit the floor and bounce off creating more and better base, not the case, I show up and there still configured the same way there shooting straight out just in a slimmer, taller box adding just a little more leg room but still the same concept as my other boxes, would the angle on them make a difference? The 6.5" placement's are nice however the backs of them are not really enclosed in any way, does this make a difference? In all it is running 600 watts @ the subs and 2 400x4 watt amps @ 12 ea. 6.5"'s. Would that be considered running 1400 watts of power? It's all Crossfire which I thought was pretty decent. As far as the settings I trust that he got everything he could out of them he told me about every ohm, cilinoid, trillinoid, godzillanoid, known to man, truth is I kind of lost him after he said the word "watt" after that I had no fricken clue what he was talking about. Anyhow the whole way home all I am thinking about is how I could get away wiyh putting all this stuff in my truck and starting all over again. Yeah like I have money coming out of my brown eye, but then again whet it comes to the boat theres always someway to make it happen. Hopefully I could here somebodys system at a local lake or the river sometime soon just to kind of gage where I'm at. Any advice, encouragement, sympathy etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Havasu Hangin'
03-09-2004, 08:49 PM
But how does it sound?
As for the pedestal...they are not that tough to build. If you wanted a downfiring pedestal (where the subs are hidden)...talk to Slick. He made one that sounded awesome. I was never a fan until I heard his.
Don't worry about boxing the components- they aren't made for it.
PM me if you want a second opinion...I'm in OC quite a bit.

ROZ
03-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
But how does it sound?
Yes, how does it sound?
As for the pedestal...they are not that tough to build. If you wanted a downfiring pedestal (where the subs are hidden)...talk to Slick. He made one that sounded awesome. I was never a fan until I heard his.
While I wasn't lucky enough to hear the monster first hand, I did see the CAD like drawings.... All three variations. ;) . The man's time and effort definitely paid off...
Don't worry about boxing the components- they aren't made for it.
I'm having an RD moment and feel the need to say something, anything... That being said ;) Because car speakers are made to use a door cavity as the enclosure in an infinite baffle kinda way, adefined enclosure is not needed and in most cases it would really muffle the midrange. Kinda like speaking into you hands when they are cupped together over your mouth... There are some exceptions( a certain Focal 3way comes to mind, TOBTEK), but they are few and are noted when you make the purchase...
PM me if you want a second opinion...I'm in OC quite a bit.
Do you charge an hourly rate, Dr. ? :cool:
Nice gesture :)

ROZ
03-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Well?

Havasu Hangin'
03-11-2004, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
Do you charge an hourly rate, Dr. ?
Only $75/hour...chump change.