PDA

View Full Version : alternator mount

100mph
07-08-2000, 06:36 AM
Does anyone out there know of a company, and or system to mount my alternator back on the front of my 12jc pump? i've seen it on one boat very breifly in a parking lot one time,but didn't get any details. am hoping to find a kit or someone that has done it to save a bunch of design and develepmont time. as i don't get a lot of build time these days.
thanks
100mph
ddivine@compuserve.com

dropkeel
07-09-2000, 06:03 PM
I have seen them driven off of the crankshaft snout but not off of the pump.

Jerry Buckner
08-15-2000, 07:34 PM
Someone else from Missouri. I have seen alot of jet boats but not with alternator driven off the pump. What would be the advantage of this?
Happy jet boating.

100mph
08-16-2000, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Buckner:
Someone else from Missouri. I have seen alot of jet boats but not with alternator driven off the pump. What would be the advantage of this?
Happy jet boating.
Hi there dude thought maybe i was only one in mo, but back to my alternator, saw it done that way once it just gets it off front made for very clean look on front of motor with one less spinning drive to shield up front close to people, am currently workin on a little different setup than what i saw originally, but should be lot cleaner and simpler back in back.
thks for reply
happy boatin C-ya
100mph

100mph
02-27-2003, 03:42 PM
Hello everybody am pullin my original question back up as there are mucho more brains out here now, maybe can help me out. Am still in process on my Tahiti, don't get much time on it or online these days though.
Thanks

Dog
02-27-2003, 04:06 PM
http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/Brad_Alt.jpg
this is from the mpd site ... MPD (http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/tech_info.html)
There is another picture of a different set up in the image center.
[ February 27, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Dog ]

MikeF
03-02-2003, 06:31 PM
I knew that pic looked familiar wink .
Who are the new guys (#6,9,39) :p sleeping ?

superdave013
03-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Forum member wsuwrhr makes a really nice CNC mount that attaches to the pump. You should check it out.