PDA

View Full Version : Who has alpine hook up

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Need remote for 801 dvd/head unit. My audio guy is lagging it has been 2 months. Are they still available. Thanks

ROZ
05-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Alpine doesn't sell their own parts. Contact pacific coast parts at 800-421-5080. The part number is an RUE4187 and they have it in stock. Retail is only 20.00. I spoke to Melissa.
www.pacparts.com is their website. They're in the 310 area code...
Chris :)

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks Roz, My bad I need the remote that come with the DHA-5680 dvd changerthat also works on the head unit. The bigger one with the wheel. Do you know a part number for that. Thanks

ROZ
05-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
Thanks Roz, My bad I need the remote that come with the DHA-5680 dvd changerthat also works on the head unit. The bigger one with the wheel. Do you know a part number for that. Thanks
My guess is that your dealer is ordering you the new Alpine universal remote that runs NAV/ Headunit/ DVD units... That model number is the RUE4190. They run about 50 retail and we've had some on order since 4-19 with an eta of 5-30...
Your replacement model is the RUE4168 and it runs 45.22 retail. It is on backorder and is expected at the end of the month.
I guess I was wrong in my 1st paragraph.... Either way it's a waiting game... I know a few peeps who work at Alpine, but they don't carry the parts to hook me up...
Did you loose the old unit, or is it just defective? If it's defective, the rep will usually allow the retailer to exchange the remote with a unit they have in stock....

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear I am not getting lied to. The first one just quit working and took about a week to get. I ran this one over so I guess I deserve to wait. What is your take on that new head unit with xm built in, sounds like a hot ticket for boaters. Thanks again

ROZ
05-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear I am not getting lied to. The first one just quit working and took about a week to get. I ran this one over so I guess I deserve to wait. What is your take on that new head unit with xm built in, sounds like a hot ticket for boaters. Thanks again
While it is a cool unit, there are a lot of key options that you DO NOT get because the internal receiver takes up so much space. No MP3 and no non fading preout for the subs. This means no bass engine control.