PDA

View Full Version : 32 VALVE HEADS

SnapperSnacher
08-26-2001, 01:25 PM
Any one using Haeds from Arao Engineering ( www.araoengineering.com (http://www.araoengineering.com) ) I think I mite try a set on my Blown 572 BBC

superdave013
08-26-2001, 02:52 PM
Good luck, what kind of exhaust manifolds are you planing on using? The Intake manifold will have to be a custom one off peice. I know a guy that used heads like that for a small block. I don't know who made the heads but I do know they were a big pain in the ass. So Big Chief's or 360's would be nice on your 572".

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
08-28-2001, 04:08 PM
Dude your askin for trouble. If your not a fulltime engine builder/tuner than I really wouldn't advise it. I set up a customers motor about 2 years ago using a set of FUELING 4 valve heads. I told mister customer that it would cost him a fortune to keep it tuned right since he wasn't anything more than a backyard ranger. Anyway, it cost him a lot of money he didn't need to spend. The motor made A TON of torque but damn it was expensive. I ended up taking the heads off and selling them for him and replaced them with a set of Dart Pro one heads. I did some mild port work and widened the exhaust valve seats to disappeat heat better. I see him on the lake and once in a while he stops by to say hello but thats it. Boat runs GREAT!!! If you go with big chiefs you will have to buy a set of pistons for big chief heads. Also, the combustion chamber is much smaller volume out of the box. Something around a 90-100 cc chamber if memory serves me. I really think you would be happy with a set of Brodix BB-4's or a set of Dart's. This will give you a set of heads that parts are more readily available and can grow with your engine. I am using a set of BB-4's on my 632 engines and most recently went to a set of BIG DUKES for my current project which is a 705CI motor based on a Merlin superblock. I have approx. 15 sets of heads in stock ranging from some nice rectangle port 990's to a set of big chiefs. If you need help with your setup, just email me for my number BLOWNDRAGBOAT@YAHOO.COM Hope it helps.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
08-28-2001, 04:20 PM
One more thing Snapper.....Don't forget that a blower makes a set of heads seem bigger than they really are since blowers force so much air thru the motor. I would like to see you use a set of heads with a 370-420 cfm intake runner depending on your setup and how you use your boat. It would really be helpful to know what size blower your running and if your over-driving and if you are how much? A big set of heads can also kill a motor if not specific. You probably already knew that but just in case. Hollar at me if I can help. Geez, theres so many variables we can do this allnight. Email me and I will more than glad to give you my shop number. I will be leaving for California on Thursday so let me know Blowndragboat@yahoo.com Peace Dude!!!!