Thread: BBF Info

beached1
    Hey, are there any web sites or message boards (other than these) that have any good info for Fords? What kind of heads are D3VE-A2A? Any good?
    Chevy guy went to the dark side.

Blown 472
    Check out www.reincarnation-automotive.com There is tons of info on there and a forum to discuss the blue oval. I have d3's on my blown motor, if they are ported right they flow pretty good, there is a guy on that board running those heads on a ten sec car. wink
    btw they are 92 cc chambers 2.08 intakes 1.66 exhausts, pedistal rockers, can be converted to studs by any good machine shop.
    [ September 24, 2002, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Blown 472 ]

spectras only
    Beached1 ,the heads you described are the smog low compression heads.I have two you can have for free if you pay for freight J/K.

Blown 472
    I'll take them, were are they?

spectras only
    Blown ,if you ever come to visit vancouver b.c , you can haul it away wink
    [ September 24, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

beached1
    spectras only:
    Beached1 ,the heads you described are the smog low compression heads.So, is it safe to say they are Shit Heads ?

If I go the twin turbo route, then these low comp heads might work well for me then.

spectras only
    Beached, there was a 28 steve jones offshore boat here 20 years ago {called "PUTT-PUTT"] with a single 460/w "shitheads" ,twin turboed coupled to an arneson drive and it did quite well.If I remember right the speed was between 65-68 MPH.This boat was a heavy deep V to run in rough water.Unfortunately it burned down to the waterline.I had the chance to buy the drive and the engine [it was the heavy duty bronze model]complete with rams and fittings for 2500 CDN].I didn't,stupid of me !

hack job
    they are not shit iam running them on my ford 501 and i had cevy studs put in and larger vales ( intake 2.19 exhaust1.75) they are good heads they just need a little help! if you have them then take them to some one who knows how to work on them and let them do a lttle magic! i went to clay smith cams in buena park and for i think it was 600 they did my blue print work( river racer port job) and they are better than the dove heads! good luck!

wink

77charger
    hey beached 1 i have a set of dove-c heads layin around as well as a d1ve block.for you real cheap.As for the low comp heads they all flow near the same its just the compression ratio but the earlier ones d2ve and older 68-72 are easier th change to adj valve train imo.

beached1
    Hey 77, thanks. Check your e-mail.
    Thanks to everyone else with the info also.
    Apreciate it,