Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Libby Fingers Cheney/Bush in Leak Case

SmokinLowriderSS
    We get that we were promised a war on terror. We get that a war was started in Afghanistan and left unfinished. We get that the reason we are in Iraq has changed four times. What's not to get? :wink:
    Ok, just what is "unfinished" in Afghanistan? Were we supposed to set up a national government in 30 days?

Poster X
    We pulled out enough troops to guard it about like we do our borders giving the Taliban a chance to regroup and terrorists time to ride unicycles to Europe.

SmokinLowriderSS
    We pulled out enough troops to guard it about like we do our borders giving the Taliban a chance to regroup and terrorists time to ride unicycles to Europe.
    So just how many more troops are needed in Afghanistan? Afghan is growing just fine, with no terrorist problems of any weight.
    And Europe, it was already full of terrorists. Taliban went to Pakistan and Iraq mostly. Screw Europe anyhow, I'll watch them hanging out to dry like the laundry. Let them figure out how to fix the immigration problem THEY have made for themselves.

Poster X
    It was a metaphor.
    The terrorists are where they always were, the Gaza Strip, Somalia and Sudan.
    I know this isn't the Drudge Report but perhaps it will expand your horizons? http://www.jamestown.org/terrorism/index.php

SmokinLowriderSS
    a war was started in Afghanistan and left unfinished.
    Just how is the above a metaphor?
    You better start looking up the definitions of the long words before using them.

Poster X
    giving the Taliban a chance to regroup and terrorists time to ride unicycles to Europe.
    ^^^metaphor^^^
    Means the terrorists were in no rush. I could get a grownup to help you out?

SmokinLowriderSS
    ^^^metaphor^^^
    Means the terrorists were in no rush. I could get a grownup to help you out?
    Failure to answer question about Afghanistan.
    Who needs help?

Poster X
    Answer to question about Afghanistan. Let me dumb it down for you. I'll try and use little words.
    We pulled the majority of our forces out of Afghanistan <-- (big word but not my fault) to support the war in Iraq. The war in Afghanistan was still raging and many regions and cities were still unsecure. Since our pull out, a minority group of soldiers have had to take on the arduous task of fighting the Taliban, dealing with hatred by the civility and territorial wars with the war lords. Battles they are ill equipped to handle with such a small presence. In the interim, the Taliban has regrouped, gained support and is possibly making another run for power. The war was unfinished.
    Kind of like Dubya saying the war in Iraq was won when it had only begun. you know..doublespeak. That thing y'all call a language.

Old Texan
    Answer to question about Afghanistan. Let me dumb it down for you. I'll try and use little words.
    We pulled the majority of our forces out of Afghanistan <-- (big word but not my fault) to support the war in Iraq. The war in Afghanistan was still raging and many regions and cities were still unsecure. Since our pull out, a minority group of soldiers have had to take on the arduous task of fighting the Taliban, dealing with hatred by the civility and territorial wars with the war lords. Battles they are ill equipped to handle with such a small presence. In the interim, the Taliban has regrouped, gained support and is possibly making another run for power. The war was unfinished.
    Kind of like Dubya saying the war in Iraq was won when it had only begun. you know..doublespeak. That thing y'all call a language.
    And who is your contact in the Pentagon supplying you with these straight facts?
    How much can we bet you'll spout the same story when our forces leave Iraq. Make up your mind, should we stay or should we go after a country has elections and moves on to rule their own domain.

Poster X
    I have ALWAYS said, no matter how long we stay in Iraq they will revert back to what they were within 6 months. You can't shove Democracy up someones ass. They have to want it themselves. I believed Afghanistan was doing some good but we pulled out far to early. I believe Iraq never did any good and never will. If you wanted to kill some terrorists would you have gone to Iraq? I mean really..they do have an office in the Gaza Strip with a sign on it. They're not that hard to find.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast