Thread: Compression ratio formula

manuel
    Can someone tell me how to figure out the actual comp. ratio for my set up ?, I was going through some receipts on my engine and the pistons I thought were in there are not, what I have are Speed-Pro 11.31 : 1 race pistons, the co. states these numbers are with 100.9cc chambers, I have 049 heads with 122cc chambers, so what would the actual ratio be ?, I wish I didn't have these in there, it's a 25' 3800lbs. daycruiser not a race boat, I would rather be able to burn cheaper fuel since it's going to be slow no matter what we do.
    Manuel

Blown 472
    Try this, page down you will see where to figure it out.
    http://www.kuhlsuperchargers.com/tech%20p05.htm

Manuel, if you go to the Federal Mogul/Speed Pro website, right here (http://www.21cgt.com/FMWebCatalog/default.htm) and work your way to the pistons page, you can find the compression ratio. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they show yours wwhen used with a 122cc head. However, with the 119cc head, the compression is 9.6 to 1. Figure a drop of a couple tenths for the larger chambers. These are "ballpark" figures, of course.

manuel
    Thanks OLDSQUIRT, that sounds more reasonable, I don't have all the specs. to figure it out on the calculators and I just wanted a ballpark figure because 11.31 : 1 just seemed like overkill and a waste of money in a boat like mine,