Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help with a Taylor

IMPATIENT 1
    Such as?? I'm really disappointed in this boats performance, but I do like the way it looks. Like a surf board with a bbl. Sure wish it were chev powered isead of olds
    EVEN WITH THE OLDS,IT'S CAPABLE OF 70'S.T-MAN HAS ONE THAT HAULS ASS.

shootingstar72683
    I just messing with ya,I sure wish I still had my taylor,and I'm probably gonna buy another one!
    Ya GOT me I really didn't mean to knock any motor combination. I fooled with Chevy since the early 60's in hot rods and muscle cars. Just seems like it's cheeper to get the parts to make a chevy go fast. If I can get this Olds to get into the 70's were jet skies and bass boats don't blow me away I'll be happy. I don't have the money to be FAST, just want to be respected and left alone. kinda wanna be real pretty,look real fast, even on the trailer. :rollside:

shootingstar72683
    I LIVE IN HUGO,OKLA. @ 70MILES FROM THE BORDER WITH ARK..
    NOONE WALKS ON MY BOW NOW!!!I'M SURE NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN , BUT I SPENT LAST SPRING REPAINTING AND GOING TO SPEND THIS SPRING FINISHING IT.
    STRESS CRACKS HAPPEN.THE NICEST BOATS IN THE NATION HAVE CRACKS SOMEWHERE.MAYBE YOU CAN MAKE THE TAYLOR JET BOAT MEET AT BROKEN BOW LAKE THIS SEASON.IT'S NOT TO FAR FROM YA.LOTS OF DRAGBOATS THERE!ALOT OF GOOD PEOPLE TOO.
    Sure sounds like fun. If I can ever get this skiff to look decient enough to come bum with ya'll I'll surely take ya up on it. What size is your 78Taylor. Have any pictures of it?

shootingstar72683
    Easy fella, my SJ with an Olds is knocking on 70 mph.
    I bid on a real pretty blue with white trim Taylor located in Lafayette back in Aug I think. Did you by any chance know the boat?

IMPATIENT 1
    Sure sounds like fun. If I can ever get this skiff to look decient enough to come bum with ya'll I'll surely take ya up on it. What size is your 78Taylor. Have any pictures of it?
    18ft. don't worry @ how it looks,the only thing around here that matters is how it runs! there's boats around here that look like dog shit and run like hell.i raced a boat couple yrs back at broken bow lake that had "may day" wrote with duct tape across the transom. dookie brown with car headers pointing to the sky with a small block 400.we line up,i launched real hard,look over to see how far out frt. i am,dude starts pullin on me! so i had to hit the bottle on em.s.o.b. had a damn 400sbc with 300hp shot!beat em by 1/2 boat,but barely!
    looks don't mean anything!

shootingstar72683
    65-70MPH WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM!!YOUR BOAT IS CAPABLE OF LOW 80'S IF YA GET IT SETUP RITE.PM ME IF YA NEED MORE INFO,I'LL GIVE YA MY HOME NUMBER. WHEN I STARTED ON MY TAYLOR, THE GUYS HERE ON ***boat HELPED ALOT!!!NOW IT'S TIME I HELPED OUT A FELLA.
    I sure would appreciate the help. If you have a cingular cell we can talk free. My HM#870-434-5170 CELL870-704-9960 Gary Bergeron

IMPATIENT 1
    I sure would appreciate the help. If you have a cingular cell we can talk free. My HM#870-434-5170 CELL870-704-9960 Gary Bergeron
    gary, it's nice to meet ya.i do have cingular. i'll call ya after work @6 ish.

shootingstar72683
    18ft. don't worry @ how it looks,the only thing around here that matters is how it runs! there's boats around here that look like dog shit and run like hell.i raced a boat couple yrs back at broken bow lake that had "may day" wrote with duct tape across the transom. dookie brown with car headers pointing to the sky with a small block 400.we line up,i launched real hard,look over to see how far out frt. i am,dude starts pullin on me! so i had to hit the bottle on em.s.o.b. had a damn 400sbc with 300hp shot!beat em by 1/2 boat,but barely!
    looks don't mean anything!
    Now I see why you're so fast your boats on dope. Do you have alot of changes, heads valves, etc. to inject NOS.?

IMPATIENT 1
    Now I see why you're so fast your boats on dope. Do you have alot of changes, heads valves, etc. to inject NOS.?
    I'LL CALL YA, SOME QUESTIONS ARE JUST TO PERSONAL,LOL.IF IT'S A HEALTHY LOW COMPRESSION MOTOR,THEN IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOLD A 150HP SHOT.I RAN THIS WAY TILL LAST YR.. TORE IT DOWN, WASN'T HURT A BIT.ANYTHING MORE THAN 150HP SHOT NEEDS FORGED PISTONS,GOOD VALVES( STAINLESS),H-BEAM RODS.

shootingstar72683
    gary, it's nice to meet ya.i do have cingular. i'll call ya after work @6 ish.
    I'll be here. Looking forward to talking to ya. I can talk alot faster than type.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast