Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I seem to be under trojan attack

FMluvswater
    all day long AVG has been telling me I've got one trojan or another to the point I'm starting to recognise the file names . I've run Ad Aware several times today and always get rid of any objects it finds. I've updated my AVG, my firewall is working, I haven't downloaded anything all day ... I'm getting a little annoyed at removing the same damn trojans over and over again. I've gone into Add/remove programs and removed one of the programs that wasn't even supposed to be there cuz I certainly didn't download it. I've located the trojan infected files and manually deleted them and emptied recycle bin. How can I block the damn thing from coming back? Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

gramps
    I have the same problem with someone sending me the same virus 2 and 3 times a day. Norton keeps catchin' it but is still is a pain in the ass!!!!!!!!!!

FMluvswater
    Yeah that's great when the programs work and catch stuff. Something weird is happening though cuz it's AVG resident shield that warns me I have a trojan and tells me to run AVG. I do that and AVG claims no viruses were detected , all except once when it did find and move one to the vault but there have been several other times before that and since that when I've gotten these mixed messages of the resident shield warning me and the virus scanner finding nothing.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
    Yeah that's great when the programs work and catch stuff. Something weird is happening though cuz it's AVG resident shield that warns me I have a trojan and tells me to run AVG. I do that and AVG claims no viruses were detected , all except once when it did find and move one to the vault but there have been several other times before that and since that when I've gotten these mixed messages of the resident shield warning me and the virus scanner finding nothing.
    ask Forensic about it.. he may beable to help you.. he's good at that stuff..

FMluvswater
    Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
    ask Forensic about it.. he may beable to help you.. he's good at that stuff..
    yes he is I just might if this situation doesn't resolve after my current removal of trojans attempt.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
    yes he is I just might if this situation doesn't resolve after my current removal of trojans attempt.
    good luck sweetie.. you didn't watch a sucide movie about osama did you.. it was out on friday..

Keithb87
    Why is it that a Trojan is a bad thing on the computer, but a good thing in the cooter?????

MagicMtnDan
    Just wait til you get your browser hijacked from one of those programs! They're incredibly stubborn and damned difficult to remove. It's way worse than any of the news services or Web sites are talking about!

FMluvswater
    Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
    good luck sweetie.. you didn't watch a sucide movie about osama did you.. it was out on friday..
    Nope that topic would not interest me in the slightest and I'd already heard the warning about it's existence and threat. Thanks though.

FMluvswater
    Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
    Just wait til you get your browser hijacked from one of those programs! They're incredibly stubborn and damned difficult to remove. It's way worse than any of the news services or Web sites are talking about!
    Quite honestly I hope I never find out first hand.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast