Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Engine Help

summerlove
    OK Guys and Gals:
    I sold the flat bottom and now have the cash to build my new motor. This is what I want and any suggestions would be appreciated:
    not more than 500 HP....
    ok, help me out. I don't want to go more than that because I don't want external rams and while my boat can handle just about any HP, I really don't want to go that fast....just faster than the 330HP 7.4 I currently run (about 52-54MPH).
    I thought of a 496HO but too many problems. What about a HP500? Ideas?????

OGShocker
    Originally posted by summerlove
    OK Guys and Gals:
    I sold the flat bottom and now have the cash to build my new motor. This is what I want and any suggestions would be appreciated:
    not more than 500 HP....
    ok, help me out. I don't want to go more than that because I don't want external rams and while my boat can handle just about any HP, I really don't want to go that fast....just faster than the 330HP 7.4 I currently run (about 52-54MPH).
    I thought of a 496HO but too many problems. What about a HP500? Ideas?????
    Too late.
    see you for a beer this weekend?

phebus
    More power will definately be in order when you mount that huge jungle gym of metal (wakeboard tower) that your girls want.

carbonmarine
    Summer, the 500's are great engines ! I have over 240 hrs on both and NEVER a problemo.. They burn oil a wee bit, no more than most HP Engines but you watch and change the water impellorsm, filters and you all good .... They are cheaper due to being discontinued in favor of the 525's now...
    Rick

Jrocket
    Ive got a turn key HP500 efi with everything you will need to put in your boat for sale.Wiring harness,computer,and cmi headers if you want or dont want.

summerlove
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    Too late.
    see you for a beer this weekend?
    not going to make it this w/e...our next scheduled trip is the w/e of the 13th....you gonna make it then?

summerlove
    Originally posted by Jrocket
    Ive got a turn key HP500 efi with everything you will need to put in your boat for sale.Wiring harness,computer,and cmi headers if you want or dont want.
    I've got the Imco Powerflows and MSD so I won't need those. How much?????? What year and how many hours?

Jrocket
    Everything except CMI's.Complete,bell housing,wiring harness,computer,fuel pump,just bolt it in and hook it up.I mean eveything.make me a reasonable offer.
    2000 with 160hours.Oil changed every other trip.You can hear it run and drive it in my boat now.Call around to ask and see what its worth.I already called Pfaff,both Teagues,Peto and some guys from the east coast to get a ball park.You make some calls and see what you come up with.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...26_029-med.jpg

summerlove
    Thanks, I'll do that!
    Originally posted by Jrocket
    Everything except CMI's.Complete,bell housing,wiring harness,computer,fuel pump,just bolt it in and hook it up.I mean eveything.make me a reasonable offer.
    2000 with 160hours.Oil changed every other trip.You can hear it run and drive it in my boat now.Call around to ask and see what its worth.I already called Pfaff,both Teagues,Peto and some guys from the east coast to get a ball park.You make some calls and see what you come up with.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...26_029-med.jpg

Jordy
    So you're selling the engine and keeping the boat? Selling them both? Keeping the boat and putting a sail in it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast