Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Commander so bad??

AngryJosh
    I own a 1988 Commander that I'm happy with. I bought it used, so I never dealt with Commander directly. I have been to there site looking at there new boats quite a bit, and feel they offer an awesome product. Particularly their 26 and 28' CATS.
    But, I constantly read here on ***boat about how they suck, their this, their that... Whats the deal??

OGShocker
    Does it float and provide your family with enjoyment? If your answer is yes, then that my friend is all that counts!

220EagleXp
    Is the sky blue, is water wet, do women have secrets

dicudmore
    Originally posted by OGShocker
    Does it float and provide your family with enjoyment? If your answer is yes, then that my friend is all that counts!
    Agreed.....the bottom line is you're out there on the water having a good time with your family, regardless of the stickers on the side...

Dr. Eagle
    The boats really look nice, I think the problems people have run into was getting customer service when they had a problem. And with less than above board business practices (used boats sold as new, etc).
    Otherwise they look like a hell of a nice boat...

Havasu_Dreamin
    OG is right, it's what makes you and your family happy that really counts. Everyone on here has opinions about Commander, me included. But you are the one that needs to be happy.

Kilrtoy
    I dont think all this would pertain to you.
    And like stated if your having fun and all you are putting into the boat is GAS, Don't worry.
    All this is geared towards NEW BOATS BEING BUILT

h2oski2fast
    My buddy is selling his 2002 2800 Cat. We worked all the bugs out of the boat, but dealing with Commander has put a bad taste in his mouth to the point were he doesn't want the boat any longer. Everytime the boat went in for service/warrantee, it would come back with more problems then it went in with. Commander's service and repair people are incompetent, rude and just plain unprofesional.
    I finally took care of all the problems related to warrantee myself.

AngryJosh
    Thats what I mean. In the future, I might sell my little boat and go BIG. So should I steer clear of Commander??

HalletDave
    Originally posted by h2oski2fast
    My buddy is selling his 2002 2800 Cat. We worked all the bugs out of the boat, but dealing with Commander has put a bad taste in his mouth to the point were he doesn't want the boat any longer. Everytime the boat went in for service/warrantee, it would come back with more problems then it went in with. Commander's service and repair people are incompetent, rude and just plain unprofesional.
    I finally took care of all the problems related to warrantee myself.
    What type of problems?
    Power plant, outdrive, hardware, cosmetic or structural problems?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast