Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 78 Glastron CVX-20

Has anyone found any good websites for late 70's glastrons? Most seem to cater to 1950's and 60's vintage boats.

CV-23
    Come visit us at www.classicglastron.com (http://www.classicglastron.com) and join the crowd. I am a Carlson Owner and we are Performance Boaters....Mike, CGOA VP.

Yep, Got that one. It is a very good site.
    [This message has been edited by stickman (edited December 19, 2001).]

pgf127rt
    Stickman, I have a 77 CVX20 that I restored in 1990, in 95 I replaced the 460 Ford with a 468 Chev,I am running a b impeller and hyd. place diverter, this big old boat still turns heads and will run a hole in the wind.

Hydro-Thunder
    I have a 76 CVX 20' with a 460 over 60 and minor head work done with performer rpm cam and a weind stealth. I have an A and B impeller I am running the A now. It is a real head turner and pretty fast for what I paid for the boat. The only site I know of devoted to carlsons is classicglastron.com

My 78 CVX-20 Deluxe is still a project. The new 460 longblock is ready to go. MSD billet distributor. Still need to pick a manifold and carb. Jet is rebuilt with stock impeller. Current project is replacing the floor that got soft due to hidden water in the bilge. It rotted from the inside out! Revised floor will have an access hole to make sure all the water gets out.
    So anyway, I look at sites and read about other's boats until this one is done. Thanks for the input.

Hydro-Thunder
    Lots of people do not remove the rubber plugs that are in the engine compartment make sure these are out!

pgf127rt
    Stickman, your project sounds like mine when I bought it, "LAKE READY", after redoing the motor, replacing the floor, rebuilding the seats, and the upholstery, carpet, clearing of the original metalflake, & several other item's like the fuel tank, I found out that I had bought a good trailer, because that was the only thing I didn't have to work on, but' I am very proud of the boat and it looks just like it left the factory, so keep the faith, it is a worthwhile project.

napper
    Originally posted by CV-23:
    Come visit us at www.classicglastron.com (http://www.classicglastron.com) and join the crowd. I am a Carlson Owner and we are Performance Boaters....Mike, CGOA VP.

Yes, I found the plugs after I got the engine out. They are still not the best solution because the openings on mine are about 1 1/2 inches above the bottom of the bilge. Some water would always remain. I think an access panel and a wet/dry vac would make double-extra sure.
    I had to redo the tank as well. Good news is I don't need to clear it. Gelcoat still shines.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast