Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Hand Held Gps?for Boat

djunkie
    I Think I'll Take The Magellan Back And Get The Etrex. Ya Gotta Have The Max Speed Setting With A Boat! Thanks Everbody
    Ya the max speed is the best part. I rarely even look at mine while I'm driving. I've learned what speeds I'm going at what RPM's so I usually just keep my eye on my tach.

IMPATIENT 1
    i would buy one that is water proof if i had it to do again,mine has been dropped and found in the bilge half full of water.don't ask me how!it is a small green ghecko 201 by garmin,it has top speed!it is still working after all it has been through.there is also the ever constant fear of dropping it in the water at the boat ramp,one that floats would be the shiznit!!!! my 2 cents!!!
    I JUST LEFT THE GARMIN SITE, ALOT OF THERE GPS'S DO FLOAT!IT GIVES THE MODEL NUMBERS IF YOUR INTERESTED(GARMINGPS.COM)

sanger rat
    Get a hold of Chuck he is a member here. I'm sure he'll hook you up. WWW.GPSWORLDSUPPLY.COM

wet77
    I have a garmin etrex in my daytona and it works great!
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/attach...id=10314&stc=1

IMPATIENT 1
    I have a garmin etrex in my daytona and it works great!
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/attach...id=10314&stc=1
    alot of you guys seem to run that etrex.i've decided to take mine back and get the etrex.
    wet where did you get that mount?looks pretty sturdy.

sanger rat
    Garmin etrex with the belt clip works good on the steering wheel.

77charger
    garmin e trex here.I have used it on my gsxr 750 from a 75 -145 mph run it caught max speed speedo indicated 160(which if you rude bikes you know they are off big at that speed and it is off 7mph at 75)
    Also used in a drag boat mph was always in 2 mph of the traps and i usually hel on til just past theM.
    Point is these two things accelarate fast and it kept up til last second.I also use it for ocean runs and driving in glamis i really dont care for all the fancy maps and color on new ones cause where i use it mainly there are no roads and i dont get lost.

77charger
    Also my brother got one of the new color mapped ones he told me he ended up only using the compass part for the screen display to get back to camp at glamis.Aslo bumped into it in almost crashing and broke it :rollside: :rollside: :220v:

77charger
    This one
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...t/DCP_5621.jpg
    Looks like you will pass acoast guard inspection too.LOL throw ring,noise makin device,fire ext,oar,

El Prosecutor
    Amazon.com has the yellow Garmin eTrex GPS on closeout for $85 with free shipping! :2purples:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast