Thread: Intake systems

American Thunder
    Hello fellow boaters been a member of ***boat for a year but new to the registry.
    anyway down to buisness I have a 460 semi built engine in my jetboat I am currently going 65 mph not bad considering the intake is still the junk stock manifold, however soon to change. I want a blower but I think my compression is too high and I am not exactly sure what it is at this time also my buddy and I were talking single tunnle ram with nitrous how will the tunnel effect my performance? Not too concerned about hole shot because I can afford to loose alittle I have never been beatin in my area at short distance. appreciate any reply love to talk boats thanks.

MikeF
    Your pump is where the performance is gained. With a cut impeller (smaller) the engine will turn a higher RPM w/ the setup you have now (if speed is your only concern). A manifold does not do much at all other than look impressive. We all like that though! Mike

timitunnel
    If your really ready to do motor work and install speed equipment than you need to know what you have now. If you really want a blower low compresion is good but a blower can be installed on a higher compresion motor by reducing the volum of air put out by the blower. Other parts will need to be adressed as well. For a tunnel ram to be of benifit you need a motor that is designed to turn higher RPM's. No matter what you do it all has to be solid from the bottom up. The inexpensive thing to do is install NOS and run what u have untill its worn out. Tim
    [This message has been edited by timitunnel (edited July 22, 2001).]

timitunnel
    Sorry for the wrong face.

American Thunder
    Thank you fellas for the imput I will have more questions down the water way in the mean time keep thunderin'