Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Sequoia

Rod-64
    I'm thinking about getting a 2002 TS.........Does anyone drive one? Any pros or cons?
    Thanks

Kilrtoy
    Dude its a TOYOTA, They dont get built any better, BUT
    how big is that baja......

Rod-64
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    Dude its a TOYOTA, They dont get built any better, BUT
    how big is that baja......
    Baja is 18 1/2 feet..........My Jeep Grand Cherokee pulls it fine but it's getting older and I want more room...........It always gets packed to the roof when I go to Costco.
    The Toyotas hold their value more and this limited one has all the toys like my Jeep limited.

HighRoller
    Why would you buy a Toyota if you want a truck? They make nice cars but their trucks are for girls. The largest V8 they make is smaller than the biggest 6 cylinder GM! Get a REAL truck...i.e. one that is made in America!

Kilrtoy
    Originally posted by HighRoller
    Why would you buy a Toyota if you want a truck? They make nice cars but their trucks are for girls. The largest V8 they make is smaller than the biggest 6 cylinder GM! Get a REAL truck...i.e. one that is made in America!
    he is pulling a 18' boat.
    If they ever made a truck that could pull some serious weight, I would dump the ford in a blink of an eye.
    That truck would work great for you...
    AND NEVER BREAK DOWN

HighRoller
    Funny...my Dad pulls a 10,000lb travel trailer. Since buying his 03 F250HD last year he has been from Cali to New York and all over the east coast spending up almost 10,000 miles. Recently he went from Cali up to Alaska and back, a trip of almost 11,000 miles without a problem towing the trailer. He gets almost 13MPG and has never broken down. I guess a Toyota would do better....

Kilrtoy
    Originally posted by HighRoller
    Funny...my Dad pulls a 10,000lb travel trailer. Since buying his 03 F250HD last year he has been from Cali to New York and all over the east coast spending up almost 10,000 miles. Recently he went from Cali up to Alaska and back, a trip of almost 11,000 miles without a problem towing the trailer. He gets almost 13MPG and has never broken down. I guess a Toyota would do better....
    No a TOY could not do it,
    That is what I said they dont build trucks that can tow anything heavy....

Wakker
    Highroller,
    GM's biggest V6 is 4.3L while toyota's V8 is 4.7L

HighRoller
    I never said V-6.....GM's inline 6 puts out 275HP while Toyota's V-8 puts out 245....If you want a TOY truck buy a TOYota. Have fun downshifting.

Bow Tie Omega
    I have pulled my 21 ft boat with a Tundra, a 2002, plenty of power, I have pulled it with my friends 6.0 Diesel also. WHile the Diesel did a better job, there was not that much of a difference. And while you will only get about 150,000 miles out of a Ford, Chevy or Dodge(Unless it is a diesel), you will get 300,000 out of the Toyota (that Tundra just hit 200,000 and passed its smog check with brand new car numbers). So, in my opinion, it comes down to simple economics. You can listen to all of the band wagoners bash Toyota, but the results speak for themself. Big deal if you have to take it out of overdrive going up the Cajon, I have had to in every other vehicle I have towed with as well. For your needs, towing an 18 1/2 foot boat, you will be very pleased with the Sequoia. And another nice thing, Toyota (besides for the name) is as American built as any other of the manufacturers, I know that the Tundra Factory is in Idaho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast