Thread: Marine vs. Street Engine

Randy De Pirate
    Sending my engine to the machione shop. What are the differences with the clearances. Not sure what to ask and spec.

Infomaniac
    Just send it here.
    I'll take care of everything.

Moneypitt
    Randy, car motors don't live long in a boat. You need to have a shop that is totally familure with the marine type requirements, or you will be doing all again in the near future. Contact "info" from the post above, if he is geographically out of the loop, I'm sure he can set you straight as to all the things you need to apply to your project............MP

lilrick
    Randy, car motors don't live long in a boat. You need to have a shop that is totally familure with the marine type requirements, or you will be doing all again in the near future. Contact "info" from the post above, if he is geographically out of the loop, I'm sure he can set you straight as to all the things you need to apply to your project............MP
    ...listen to mp, he might have orange juice in his beerd but he knows about this here water engine stuff!!

TIMINATOR
    It would be a good thing to have your location listed on your posts so it would be easier to point you in the right geographical area. Since I don't know where you are, you could send it here to TUF-ENUF AUTO & MARINE. We do all of the engine machinework and assemblywork, (how many others can say that?), and pump, and outdrive,AND fiberglass work in house! We are in the Phoenix and Lake Havasu,AZ. areas. ***boat (the MAGAZINE) has a big article coming up detailing everything that you need to know on car engines V.S. boat engines! P.M. me and I will help or call 623-877-8553 TIMINATOR (TIMM)