Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatal accident at Martinez

ULTRA28
    Saturday a boat hit two girls on a jet ski just North of Martinez. From what I've heard a 13 year old boy was driving the boat that killed one girl. the other girl lost her leg. The girl that died would have been a Senior at El Capitan this year.

Scream
    Any accident on the water is completely unfortunate, but when it involves children...
    All involved, from the parents and family of the disceased, the injured PWC'er and her family, and the boy driving the boat, need our thoughts and well wishes.
    Of course questions come to mind, the first of which would be, why would a 13 yo child be driving a boat? and where were the parents? I hope he wasn't driving it unsupervised... What were the circumstances surrounding this trajedy?...
    The word "fatal" or "fatality" has been used too many times on this board in the past couple of months...
    Scream

Ducatista
    Sad news........sorry to hear it.

the one and only reason i dont buy a seadoo is i couldnt forgive myself if one of our children got hurt or worse killed on one.i see it all day long in parker little girls and little boys riding and i always say the same thing to myself,i hope they dont get killed today.

Lightning
    Thar is terrible, my thoughts and prayers out to the families.

Petrofied
    Sad news, I heard about it Sun. A.M. We were going to go to El Cap for a test and tune session with a good friend. He canceled. He Told me" he's done Sell my boat." The girls were good friends of his and I think in his church group. He was so upset............It upset me. Then the phone started ringing off the hook. All the Yuma guys called ( Still in shock. ) They told me they helped the girls and that the chopper would'nt land on the sandbar because it was to soft. They were freaked out over the time it took to get them loaded up and transported. It's hard to beleive how many people are affected. I also was told it was the girls first trip! Our hearts go out to all involved.
    MR.P.

rposton1
    Hmmm not sure if she died. It happened at our sandbar on Saturday, One lady lost a leg the other had a bad compound fracture they took them to fishers landing and at that time they were both in stable condition....Rob

Debbolas
    That is so sad
    Our prayers are with them......

Scream
    Originally posted by rposton1
    Hmmm not sure if she died. It happened at our sandbar on Saturday, One lady lost a leg the other had a bad compound fracture they took them to fishers landing and at that time they were both in stable condition....Rob
    I hope you're right.

Lightning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast