Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Whitney, TX

Kilrtoy
    Caught SYA creeping over here

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I emailed the snowman about this year's event and this was his reply, thought I would share it with you guys:
    Due to idiots last year, I received a nasty letter from the Corp of Engineers. That was the first time I ever had any problem after 15 years of having this event. I'll put it this way, I'm not organizing anything this year, but several friends and myself will be there camping. I will not be responsible for anyone but myself. We will be down there on the first weekend of October. The place is Plowman's Creek Park on Lake Whitney. It is very near the little town of Kopperl, about 5 miles from my house and shop. Hope you can make it down. I haven't been on Hot Boat in months. If you like, copy this email on the forums. You might pass on also that park rules will be enforced, so everyone act like they have good sense. In 15 years we have only seen a Game Warden there a couple of times. Later..............
    Garry
    P.S.... A lot of people stay at Indian Lodge resort which is just 3 or 4 miles from the park. They also have a boat ramp and the park can be reached from there with just a few minutes boat ride. The phone number is 254-889-3643, Tim or Barb, very nice folks and good friends of ours. I would recommend making reservations ASAP, as accommodations will go fast. We won't be cooking this year. It will be nice to see everyone again, but I'll just be down there camping.
    what a shame:frown:
    Omega

RiverOtter
    Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    count me in
    You're outta control LMAO

oldbuck40
    Hey Omega,
    word of warning about Whitney Lake if someone says lets go to the beach and your driveing a jet,,you better take some extra gas cans cause its a long way to the beach and those big blocks get awful thirsty,,,there is gas at a marina just south of indian lodge a couple of miles toward the main lake and there is a station up on hwy 174 just a couple miles from the river on the east side,,im just guessing on the beach but i think its around 7 or 8 miles up stream,,anyway i should be there that weekend at indian lodge hope to see ya there,, look for a black,orange and yellow 73 Taylor SJ,,,its old but it still goes

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by oldbuck40
    Hey Omega,
    word of warning about Whitney Lake if someone says lets go to the beach and your driveing a jet,,you better take some extra gas cans cause its a long way to the beach and those big blocks get awful thirsty,,,there is gas at a marina just south of indian lodge a couple of miles toward the main lake and there is a station up on hwy 174 just a couple miles from the river on the east side,,im just guessing on the beach but i think its around 7 or 8 miles up stream,,anyway i should be there that weekend at indian lodge hope to see ya there,, look for a black,orange and yellow 73 Taylor SJ,,,its old but it still goes
    thanks for the tip I have two 6 gallon cans if needed. I really hope I can set up our plans to align with this particular weekend. If we are there I drive a yellow and black bubble deck jet with ot headers.
    Omega

rrrr
    Too bad a band of phucktards had to mess up a great thing.

PlyaPlya22
    what happened?b

rrrr
    There were around 150 boaters camped there, and one group was drunk and stupid, guys flashing women with their little dicks, stuff like that.
    The people camped next to them weren't boaters, an older couple. Naturally, they complained (don't blame 'em), and Garry got shlt on by the Corps of Engineers folks. Nasty beootch wrote him a letter, made it his problem because some azzholes acted like idiots.
    Garry has been doing the get together for almost 15 years. Really sucks.

Greaser
    This sounds like it could be some fun.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    Originally posted by Greaser
    This sounds like it could be some fun.
    I plan on bringing the tube wanna try your luck at hanging on
    BTW. was your buddy sore on Sunday/Monday? can you say extreme tubing???
    Omega

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast