Thread: Hydroflite

A friend bought a Hydroflite. Does anyone have any kind of information on this boat @ all? C'mon

GofastRacer
    Get a hold of "Moneypitt", he has one!..

A guy named Rudy has a Hydroflite, He is in the Sac area. There are some pics of Rudy's boat on the pic thread from CFW Father's day. [wood deck/yellow]

Kindsvater Flat
    This one with the girly on the boat is a hydroflyte Hud. This is the only pic I have of it.
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/cfwfd04...9Image0064.jpg

Moneypitt
    Hud, do you remember the old blue/black boat in the campsite next to the schrum deal on the last Saturday afternoon at Needles? That's my hydroflite. The one I wrecked on the highway on the way home from there.
    The boats were made in the late 60s by Ron Eddy, in Santa Anna Ca. Steve Mc Elroy knows them well as he worked for Aero Marine and sold the v drives to the builder. Mine had/has an Olds in it, but they also came with big FE fords, and I even heard of one with a 427 Chevy. Rudy (Hiflite) has one, as does a guy over in Az. (his was for sale). I think it's safe to say they are very rare, if your friend bought one I havn't heard of yet, that would make 5. There is also one, (could be a ski hallet) over at Big River that was featured in HB last year, white, totally restored, with a FE ford in it, I heard its now blown. Fun, fast, (my 35 yr old boat GPS'd at Red Rock @ 78.5) and a real "sleeper" hull, just don't expect it to turn under power! Forget it, it ain't gonna turn, period.......... Ray

Thanks guys, I'll pass the information on, C'mon!

i have a 63 hydroflite named color me gone. blue w white w a 455 olds casale watercooled vdrive but no cav plate. engine pretty tame prob 375 hp but wonder if its safe without cav. hydroplane w flat bottom rear. obviously i dont know about these boats as im a woody guy. i druled over this boat for years and watched it age out in the weather and the prior owner finally gave into my persuasive beging to sell it to me. wwhere is oil dipstick and fill on old casale watercooled unit? thks all boat needs work and i need guidance but it will be sweet just need to be safe

I have a 1966 hydroflite hull and trailer for sale 1500.00 pinks in hand