Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 Volt batteries

mbrown2
    Originally posted by Evo22
    hey where ya gonna get your oddesy's from ??? i bet i could get yea a deal??? i have used them in the last 3-4 boats we have done and they have been working out great so far ...I'm workin on trick billet boxes for the 1700 and the 1200
    Send me a PM on the details...I am always up for a deal...I currently get them from West Coast batteries...or Odysseybatteries.com
    So I am pretty sure I am paying retail or pretty close for them...they also have Billet Hold Downs but are pretty basic, so if you have something better, I am interested? Also, can you engrave a Malibu logo in the hold down? I need two 1700's and a 1200..and Billet Boxes if you have them...

mbrown2
    Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
    Whats up Mike, No trolling here, just curious about the 6 volt deal cause i have access to some sealed gel 6 volt batteries that absolutely kick ass
    I was just messing with you ...I always love these topics...
    Yeah, got the truck...luv it....just pulled the boat to DCB and took 95 to Yuma and did the 8 route over the grade out of El Centro....passed pretty much everything going up the grade while towing the 26...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...educed-med.JPG

BLOWN HOWARD
    AH dam the truck is looking good. what size lift and tires on that bad boy. And yeah i know what you mean when you can pass anything up all the hills love the truck. Who did your door handles. Truck is looking bad ass!!!!!!!!!!! When your ready for the edge products chip let me know i get a pretty good deal on them.

ROZ
    Classy looking truck there Mr. Brown

Evo22
    i think that you are gonna need some billet grills for it too

mbrown2
    AH dam the truck is looking good. what size lift and tires on that bad boy. And yeah i know what you mean when you can pass anything up all the hills love the truck. Who did your door handles. Truck is looking bad ass!!!!!!!!!!! When your ready for the edge products chip let me know i get a pretty good deal on them.
    Thanks...Sport Trucks by Dean in Moopark did the whole thing....6inch CST, 35x20"...
    Thanks Roz...
    Now back to 12volt talk..

BoatFloating
    You guys making fun of me or what here? I take it you guys are using the junky trojan batteries also huh!!!!!!! Those are a waste of time even in golf carts!!!!!
    Not at all. Like I said before I had 4 6v Trojans in my old boat and loved the play time I got out of it. The only draw back for me was the charging overnight. There is no way a altenator is charging 4 6v's so I didn't even hook it up to Alt.
    I know Froggy has 6v battery boxes for the Trojans.

ROZ
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    Roz, I can't believe you forgot me in the 6v deal. I had 4 in my Carrera party Effect and loved them.
    Sorry, I edited ya in with PartyCat

Magic34
    HH, don't beat me up.
    I put 6-6V Trojans in my boat. My system draws between 155-160 amps at full volume (about 7000 watts with JBL amps). Since the install in March, the longest I have played it at full volume is about 4.5 hours. No issues with loss of power at all. If and when they fail, I'll let everyone know. So far I am happy with them. Only one drawback so far is that they are heavy as hell. I also installed a 30amp/3 bank onboard charger and it is always hooked up when in the garage.
    When I made the decision to try these out, I went to the Industrial battery warehouse and talked to the GM for about 1.5 hours about batteries. He also suggested the 6V batteries wired to 12V over anything else he had there, and that included Odyssey. I was told that there was nothing in that warehouse (about 14,000 sq.ft) that would work better for my application.
    As of now I am a believer, but we'll see how next year goes as well. I don't know all the technical stuff, but for $350 total, I figured it was worth a shot. I can always replace with something else if they piss me off.
    Now be gentle......

BoatFloating
    HH, don't beat me up.
    I put 6-6V Trojans in my boat. My system draws between 155-160 amps at full volume (about 7000 watts with JBL amps). Since the install in March, the longest I have played it at full volume is about 4.5 hours. No issues with loss of power at all. If and when they fail, I'll let everyone know. So far I am happy with them. Only one drawback so far is that they are heavy as hell. I also installed a 30amp/3 bank onboard charger and it is always hooked up when in the garage.
    When I made the decision to try these out, I went to the Industrial battery warehouse and talked to the GM for about 1.5 hours about batteries. He also suggested the 6V batteries wired to 12V over anything else he had there, and that included Odyssey. I was told that there was nothing in that warehouse (about 14,000 sq.ft) that would work better for my application.
    As of now I am a believer, but we'll see how next year goes as well. I don't know all the technical stuff, but for $350 total, I figured it was worth a shot. I can always replace with something else if they piss me off.
    Now be gentle......
    Don't worry Ol HH bark is worst than his bite. He has nothing to back up is therory and a bunch mumbo jumbo diagram crap. We actually have hands on testing and they work great....
    :smilespi:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast