Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie on the board here.....need suggestions

jdogginla
    Hey guys..........just stumbled on this board today while doing research for a boat. I'm looking to purchase a boat that i can take out on the lakes and rivers but also handle in ocean water for trips to Catalina. Most of my friends have said that I should get a 28' or bigger, but a couple stated that Aftershock makes a 24' footer called the tremor, that supposedly handles well in the open ocean. I know I'm most likely going to have to go with a used boat but my budget is in the 45-65k range? Any suggestions on types of boats to consider would be helpful. Also if any of you are selling......drop me a line.
    Thanks for your help...........I've surfed this site for 2-3 hours already today and have found it very imformative.

hd&boatrider
    Actually the boat you refer to is a Shockwave 25 Tremor. Many people take the trip to Catalina in them but use them primarily on the lakes. Search under Shockwave and you will find lots of threads. You can't find one negative about the people or the boats at SW. I am extremely happy with mine. Does everything and more based on what I was told it would do pre-purchase. A new one with a 496HO will cost a little more than $65. though. You will get about 70 MPH with that setup.
    Here is a pic of mine:
    Here's the boat at Cottonwood.....this picture doesn't do the colors justice.....
    http://www.mikesnetworking.net/siteb...ve-618x462.jpg
    Here's the interior......
    http://www.mikesnetworking.net/siteb...r2-658x491.jpg
    Good luck and others will be responding I am sure
    Here is a search on Shockwave here on the boards:
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/search...der=descending
    Originally posted by jdogginla
    Hey guys..........just stumbled on this board today while doing research for a boat. I'm looking to purchase a boat that i can take out on the lakes and rivers but also handle in ocean water for trips to Catalina. Most of my friends have said that I should get a 28' or bigger, but a couple stated that Aftershock makes a 24' footer called the tremor, that supposedly handles well in the open ocean. I know I'm most likely going to have to go with a used boat but my budget is in the 45-65k range? Any suggestions on types of boats to consider would be helpful. Also if any of you are selling......drop me a line.
    Thanks for your help...........I've surfed this site for 2-3 hours already today and have found it very imformative.

WUTWZAT
    As scene in Hot Boat Mag.
    Picture taken at the Buckskin Market on the Parker strip.
    http://jtaylor3.photosite.com/~photo...3977102604.jpg

dicudmore
    aftershock calls their 24 and 28 v-bottoms Tremor as well, hence the confusion with shockwave

dicudmore
    Originally posted by titties and beer
    HOW ABOUT THIS
    that is a nice boat, and in that price range

jdogginla
    So there is an AfterShock Tremor and a Shockwave Tremor? There not the same company right?
    Sorry for my ignorance.........i been riding jet skii's and just gotten the bug for boating!

jdogginla
    Titties and Beer..........sent you a pm

dicudmore
    So there is an AfterShock Tremor and a Shockwave Tremor? There not the same company right?
    Sorry for my ignorance.........i been riding jet skii's and just gotten the bug for boating!
    definitely different.....both build nice boats though

jdogginla
    Any thoughts on Cheetah 29', or Kachina boats? Haven't seen very many of those?
    Also they're closed now, but anyone know if you have to make an appointment to go see the folks at shockwave?

hd&boatrider
    Any thoughts on Cheetah 29', or Kachina boats? Haven't seen very many of those?
    Also they're closed now, but anyone know if you have to make an appointment to go see the folks at shockwave?
    Tuesday thru Friday you can probably just drop by at any time at Shockwave. See Barry. I was just driving by, went in, saw a boat I liked and got it done quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast