Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious question about pump setup.

Jetdriver
    Ok so here goes! I have now rid myself of the rooster booster and replaced it with an Agressor droop. Now if I understand this the rooster booster had 8degrees built in to it and the droop now has around 7 7.5 degrees. Currently Im not running a wedge but I do have a 4degree wedge to use for my testing. I also found that my ride plate was set at around 7 degrees. So I have now shimed the ride plate down 2.5 degrees and no wedge in the droop. So heres the question, is this a decent place to start or should I bring the plate up a bit. Here is a pic of the old setup oh and Im running a Hydralic Place Diverter. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...CF0021-med.JPG

HBjet
    Just pick a setup and go run it with a GPS a few time. Come back to the ramp, make one change, and go back out there and see if it helped or hurt. Then go from there and keep making changes until you find the best one for you.
    HBjet

Jet Hydro
    From what I have found out "if" you don't need a ride plate don't run one! The ride plate will correct a vast number of handling problems. If you didn't have a problem at 7 degrees there`s no reason to set it lower. It will create drag thus you`ll lose a few mph. Now if your nose is running to high or you fell like flipper with your nose bouncing up and down, move it down.

flat broke
    To expound on what HB said, Take notes of water conditions, exact setup changes for each run etc.
    Come to think of it, I think everyone gave you some pretty good advice (at least I thought we did ) a couple months back when you started looking at the setup.
    As Randy said, pick a point, start from there, and keep careful notes.
    Chris

Jetdriver
    Originally posted by Jet Hydro
    From what I have found out "if" you don't need a ride plate don't run one! The ride plate will correct a vast number of handling problems. If you didn't have a problem at 7 degrees there`s no reason to set it lower. It will create drag thus you`ll lose a few mph. Now if your nose is running to high or you fell like flipper with your nose bouncing up and down, move it down.
    JetHydro,
    The boat ran great with the plate up that far and it GPS'd at 64. But what I did find is that the boat wanted to continue to go straight when I would turn. Even with the diverter down it still wanted to go straight. So I figured that the plate being up as far as it was Might have been the cause. But now to add to the mix I have installed the droop.

With droop.......................
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...010001-2hb.jpg

Jetdriver
    Originally posted by BIGAMIST
    With droop.......................
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...010001-2hb.jpg
    Thanks Jeff!

AngryJosh
    64mph??? Thats it??? must be a heavy layup!
    Just bustin your chops man---I have no room to talk, since I havnt even gps'd mine.
    Good luck

Jetdriver
    Its a big heavy boat for sure, but I should be able to get 70-75 out of her. Hey at least Im honest about my numbers.

AngryJosh
    I thought you were supercharged??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast