Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: real estate career????

essexjet
    and make some good connections in the process.
    This is the most important in real estate.

AirtimeLavey
    Just got my license, and gonna go after it full tilt, not just for sales, but for commercial, and investment. Yeah, I'm aware that the market is slowing, but that's not a deterance for me. Took me about two months to get my license, after taking a home study course (RE Principles) from the Realty Institute in San Berdo., and a w/e cram course right before the test from Real Estate Trainers in Santa Ana (get their DVD study aid). With the current processing time from the state for the hoops you have jump through, that's about the quickest you can get it. Make sure to tell her to take the test seriously, and study for it. Many don't pass the test the first time, and that adds time to getting the license. I studied and passed first go around, no prob. Now, I'm in for the real training.
    Get info from this site: www.dre.ca.gov.com
    We'll see if I can last. With experience in running my own company for 8 years, and 10 years in marketing and advertising, I'm feeling my chances are pretty good. Plus, I've got a great package with the broker I'll be working with.
    Good luck.

meaniam
    call the local centry21 they have the allied course books and everything about $175 6 five hour classes. easy to do and pass. but before taking the test do the (ret) real estate trainer course 145 dollars. their office is in santa ana. but do the class all over ca. (this does work i didnt understand how but it is keywords) and when you take the test it will all click. after you pass the Principles forget what you learned. it focks you up on the test and it conterdicites itself. and you will be to confused.
    mike

N2Lake
    I was at a seminar back in the spring and the speaker said that NAR has sent out a memo to all the local boards to not spend their budget, for right now we have approximately 1.2 million Realtors nationwide, and they expect that number to fall back to 800 thousand. The same speaker also said that the top 50% of the wage earners in RE would be slowing down or retiring from RE in the next 5 years. This was also based on data from NAR. So that being said I feel like anyone who is still in the business in the next 5 years should be able to build a strong business if they have a good work ethic, and concentrate on 100% client satisfaction. Referrals from your sphere of influence, past clients, friends, and family are your best source of business. They are also your cheapest. I do no advertising, and only spend 35 bucks a month on a web site, 90% of my business comes from referrals.
    I do like the idea of getting on as a top producers assistant, or going with a company that provides training for new agents. Good luck to your wife and her new career

FASTERDAMITT
    I would call either Tarbell or Century 21 for thier training programs. You don't have to work for them when you get your license either. Just pay the fee's if you don't. I used Tarbell and was very satified, however I decided to do Mortgages instead. Cost me $180. Including 6 classes, Principles course and books. Done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12