Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB's #2 F-29 starts! "My boat hehehe"

TOBTEK
    OK, what the deal? Monday morning and NO pic's WE want the lastest, dont make me drive down there and start taking pic's chuck. it should be out of the molds by now right? Whens the DCB/parker mini regata?

Charley
    TOBTEK:
    OK, what the deal? Monday morning and NO pic's WE want the lastest, dont make me drive down there and start taking pic's chuck. it should be out of the molds by now right? Whens the DCB/parker mini regata? They are gonna leave the boat in the mold for a minimum of 10 days ...... RTJ and HBjet were down there checking on Andy's boat and they saw it but I guess they wouldn't let them snap any pictures....not sure why..... First trip? right after the boat show before the cut the drive holes outta the transom... I can float down the river then I will need you to take me back up to the damn(that 2 strokers gonna be smokin!) ok.... I'm guessing early May for the river trip...Dave and Carlos are saying my boat will be done in April...soo...early may ok?

TOBTEK
    Charley:
    TOBTEK:
    OK, what the deal? Monday morning and NO pic's WE want the lastest, dont make me drive down there and start taking pic's chuck. it should be out of the molds by now right? Whens the DCB/parker mini regata? They are gonna leave the boat in the mold for a minimum of 10 days ...... RTJ and HBjet were down there checking on Andy's boat and they saw it but I guess they wouldn't let them snap any pictures....not sure why..... First trip? right after the boat show before the cut the drive holes outta the transom... I can float down the river then I will need you to take me back up to the damn(that 2 strokers gonna be smokin!) ok.... I'm guessing early May for the river trip...Dave and Carlos are saying my boat will be done in April...soo...early may ok? so not to ask a lame question, but why do THEY leave some boats in the molds for 10 days and some about ten minutes (mine)? I think I already know the answer but why does a top notch builder do this?

Craig
    Resin & fiberglass heat up, expand, cool and shrink when it's all tossed in a mold, albeit a very slight amount. The surface will harden in a couple of hours, but the full cure takes quite a bit more. So the longer you can leave it in the mold, the better. The mold ensures the material retains it's desired shape. Just a small change in shape can effect a boats performance. Best bet is to install stringers and bulkheads while the hulls still in the mold. Then when it's popped, that stuff is now holding the shape.

Charley
    Craig...I have a question... you are one of the nicest most genuine people on these boards....how in the hell do you only have 3 stars? not that it matters but i'm curious what you did!

HavasuDreamin'
    Craig.........I shot you a 5*
    smile_sp

XTRM22
    Charley:
    Craig...I have a question... you are one of the nicest most genuine people on these boards....how in the hell do you only have 3 stars? not that it matters but i'm curious what you did! I'd guess me and Donnie drag him down, but so far I'm hanging on to my stars!
    You have heard that Craig has 2 assholes right? He must everytime Me, Donnie and Craig go any where everybody says "Look, there comes Craig with the two AssHoles" eek! ROFLMAO Some times I just crack me up!
    Chuck

XTRM22
    I shot Craig 5 too, not because he's nice, sincere, or knowledgable,(I know he is) but because he is THE Crew Chief for "Team Rust Bucket Offroad Racing" and the owner operator still needs help pulling the engine! LOL
    Chuck

DogHouse
    5 to Craig because he throws good new year's parties. 5 to Charley because he's gonna need some moral support after Larry & Dave get done with his savings account. And most of all, 5 to Xtrm because he has such a cool lunch box (even though he won't post a pic of it)!

Hustler
    DogHouse:
    5 to Craig because he throws good new year's parties. 5 to Charley because he's gonna need some moral support after Larry & Dave get done with his savings account. And most of all, 5 to Xtrm because he has such a cool lunch box (even though he won't post a pic of it)!
    Is it a Mr Rogers lunch box?

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast