Thread: Torque spec, B&M 250???

Craig
    Anyone recall the torque spec for the four hold down bolts on a B&M 250 blower. I know it's not much, I though I recalled it was in inch pounds. Much more and it seems to twist the case and bind the rotors.
    Craig

acatitude
    Craig, I dont know exactly but I have a 420 b/m and I torqued mine to only about 12 lbs. There are some sights that give #'s, just be sure your blower will spin freely. If you cant find them, I have my instructions in garage somewhere I can look at.

HM
    Craig:
    Anyone recall the torque spec for the four hold down bolts on a B&M 250 blower. I know it's not much, I though I recalled it was in inch pounds. Much more and it seems to twist the case and bind the rotors.
    CraigI have a B&M 250, and the spec called for 12 - 15 lbs. I also have mine at 12 lbs. At 15 lbs, you can feel the rotors start to bind.

Hustler
    Dont forget to torque from the inside out and do both sides at the same time.

pleasantcat
    craig here we go from the book
    tighten the four bolts finger tight. tighten the bolts in sequence to 12-15ft-lb in two or more steps.check to see that the supercharger does not bind when its turned.(see figure 7 in general instructions) step 7
    use thread sealer on all bolts.tighten the bolts finger tight. in gradual steps, with a torque wrench,tighten these bolts to 5ft-lb then to 10ft-lb. as you tighten the bolts turn the inputshaft of the blower. on 250 blowers continue to 20 ft-lb.
    i hope this helps.... btw blownvee needs to get a safer set-up.... all this h.p. and no ext. rams eek! do you or donnie have a 30p i can barrow????? let me know..sean

Craig
    Thanks guys, we'll torque that boy down tonight and put the right length belt on the blower, see what happens.
    Plesantcat, yeah I keep tellin' the boy he needs to go back to a cat. He'll either kill himself or blow that motor up eek! Donnie has two 30 pitch props. I think I sent you a pic of his recently "modified" one. I'm sure he'll let ya' try that one out? You going out this weekend? We're thinking about going out Saturday.
    Craif
    [ August 06, 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Craig ]

pleasantcat
    sounds like saturday it is.... i dont think i'll be able to spin that prop... to much cup have fun tonight...sean