Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ANY ONE EVER BUY A NEW ELIMINATOR

dallas
    i bought my first new boat ever. ive owned many used ones, and 5 eliminators. but never new. i guess i expected more from them. i live in wi so i had to go out of state to get mine. i thought i would get some thing from eliminator like a thank you letter, or some thing. i under stand they only sell about 400 new a year im quessing be cause they are kinda pricey! i didnt even get any litature on the boat. i got tons of stuff on the motor, the dealer told me the factory would send all the info on the boat its ben 4 months and nothing i e-mailed eliminator but got no reply is this normal. or was i expecting to much?

Boatjob
    That's the reason I bought a DCB instead of an Eliminator. When I spend $100,000+ I expect customer service, that is something that Eliminator is not willing to give. Sorry

Jrocket
    Hey Dallas,
    You havent got anything because your check cleared already.They got paid,your done.Sad to hear that though.

Hermosa
    Yes, they are dicks. I purchased a new Daytona and an Eagle from them in the past, boats were nice, not great, but they were complete dick heads. Never again.

riverliver
    Got to jump in on this one, I have had a few Eliminators and have had great service, both Dan and Jim have always been there to help me when i needed it.
    They just replaced my two front seat at no charge and my boat is 4 years old as of may !
    Sorry to hear you guys have had bad service.
    http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

I walked in (first mistake) didn't wear
    a suit just shorts and t shirt got more
    response from the photo on the wall,
    was out of there in 5 mins had cash
    their loss

hulshot
    I also had a bad encounter with them. My stringer in my daytona was two piece instead of a one piece in one sponson. They had butted them together not even bracing them or doweling or anything to hold them toghther but alot of glass. I noticed on the same side I always had water draining out of it, I also noticed that the bottom was soft. I had it checked out by 2 reputable boat shops that deal with structural repairs. They found that the stringers had broken apart and the rear stringer piece had pulled up from the floor and caused the bottom to crack severly. Both shops said that the stringers should have been all one piece. I asked them if it appeared if the boat had been worked on after the boat was built and both compared the glass work and said it was like that from the begining. Could have been very bad if the bottom came apart at high speeds or even slow for that matter. I contacted them and talked with 3 different people, All of them very high up in the company, They told me it wasn't a structural defect of the boat but that I had too big of a motor in it and there was nothing they would do about it. How could a motor cause a stringer to pull off the floor on the other side of the tunnel. The motor did nothing to the solid mounts on the stringers they bolted to???? I will never buy a mass produced boat again, there is no attention to detail, just attention to quantity. Also very bad customer service I feel on there part. They should have nutted up and admitted they screwed up and to take care of it instead of blaming it on the motor and making the customer pay for there poor worksmanship. just my 02 pennies.

DMB
    Dallas, I seem to recall another thread where you were complaining about a seat or some other issue and the service manager at Eliminator personally took care of you.
    And you thanked him.
    I've heard all the same issues about other MFGs even worse, by the way my buddy bought a DCB and it took five months, not the three he was promised. That was after he told dave he wanted his boat or his money back, I also recall another DCB owner complaining about dave telling him what he wanted to hear but never following thru, so even DCB hits the ground now and then. I'm not attacking DCB just making a point YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY in any service orientated business.
    If your complaint is about not recieving a thank you letter, most boat builders would be guilty.
    [This message has been edited by DMB (edited June 04, 2002).]

Steamin' Rice
    Originally posted by DMB:
    If your complaint is about not recieving a thank you letter, every boat builder is guilty.
    I have to throw my 2 cents to this one...I have received excellent customer service from the guys at Shockwave. There were about five people from Shockwave who stayed until almost 10PM (without eating dinner) on the Friday night before Memorial day to deliver my boat to me, and one of those people was an owner of the company. On Tues after memorial day I got a call from one of the owners of Shockwave asking how everything went over the weekend. I also received a card in the mail on wed after memorial day from Shockwave thanking me for my purchase. We now have about 12 hours on the boat and everything has been perfect on with it..

DMB
    Sounds like Shockwave is making an investment of time and good service in a customer, not just a sale.
    I've also heard and been witness to similar storys about other boat builders.
    Thank you for helping make my point.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast