Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gauge or Sending Unit?

Taylor LP
    I think the 0-80 was an newer VDO, not sure. Do you have any pix of the gauge or sender, or maybe the markings on the sender? Does it look the same as the attached pix below If it's a common VDO the 0-5 or 0-10 bar markings will be on the hex part of the sender, and the body will be steel gray and round with the terminal end flat.
    The newer ones use a sender that is tapered on the end and have zinc plated (yellow) housing.

BadBahner
    I think the 0-80 was an newer VDO, not sure. Do you have any pix of the gauge or sender, or maybe the markings on the sender? Does it look the same as the attached pix below If it's a common VDO the 0-5 or 0-10 bar markings will be on the hex part of the sender, and the body will be steel gray and round with the terminal end flat.
    The newer ones use a sender that is tapered on the end and have zinc plated (yellow) housing.
    I will post pics later today. The sender is painted the same color as the block as it is the oem one. I have not pulled the sender out either but I did check all the wiring and it is good.
    Thanks for your help and stay tuned. If you have a sender I will buy it.
    Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12