Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 78 Sunkisst tiger 18 for sale

Adrenalin
    Here goes.
    Adrenalin was ordered new by Moores Marine in Mechaicsville Va. and has remained in this general area. It has been garage kept all it's life. Back in the day it was drag raced locally. You can still barely make out the outlines on the transom: "Pump by Jet Pumps East" on one side and "Motor by Big John Hall" on the other. I bought the boat in Feburary 2000 as a divorce present to myself. My theory was there had to be more bikini's at the river than the drag strip. Since then I have replaced and/or freshened everything I can think of. The carpet and Interior are top quality marine grade. The pump was powder coated inside and polished on the outside at the same time. The original metal flake in the gel coat was in great shape so when I stripped the boat I had it clear coated with Sikkens. It should be just fine for many more years. When the pump was apart I replaced all of the bushings and seals. The bronze wear ring was in excellent shape, as too was the polished and sharpened stainless B impeller. I put new lightweight packing in it. There is a 3 1/2" bushing in the drop snoot outlet. The pump has a front brace.
    The hull itself is in excellent condition. There are not any stress cracks, or deep scratches. Every boat this age has some battle scars. The pictures show that it does not appear to have run up on the beach. The stringers and all other wood are A-1.
    The 100 mph keller speedometer and the other guages have anodized bezels.
    The trailer was custom made by one of the previous owners. It fits really nice and is very well balanced. The fenders are polished stainless. It has new Trailer tires.
    In 2001 at the James river radar shoot it ran 89.6 with the following motor. 60 over 10 1/2 to 1, 454. Square port heads, factory alum. intake and the 850 off my bracket car. The cam was just a simple solid lifter comp cam.
    I don't believe the boat or trailer need anything. Just drop your motor in and go! Less motor means I keep carb to oil pan, everything else stays (bassette drag pipes, plumbing, scoop etc.).
    Since finishing it in 2002 it has been to the water less than 15 times. It is washed waxed and detailed after every use. I took it to the asphalt angels rod and custom show and won first place in it's class. I mainly use it at trade shows to promote my business.
    I will truely miss this boat - Zero to hell yeah in very short order. I think that's what's so cool about these boats - the throttle response. I love the look on a passengers face when you get to hammer it from an idle.
    I hope there is someone out there who will love and care for it. I think it's a cool boat and deserves to be a survivor.
    If you have any questions please email me.
    $ 6700.00

Adrenalin
    More pictures

Delta Jets
    Do you know the guys name that built these boats a buddy of mine has his at my shop right now had to do a cam swap going to the river afterwhile just trying to find out more information on them he heard they were indmar custom boats also it was said a guy built them in his garage in cordova tenn. any help will be appreciated, thanks

Adrenalin
    Sorry, I can't help you with that. Good luck with the in "the water job"

Do you know the guys name that built these boats a buddy of mine has his at my shop right now had to do a cam swap going to the river afterwhile just trying to find out more information on them he heard they were indmar custom boats also it was said a guy built them in his garage in cordova tenn. any help will be appreciated, thanks
    Here's the info from the Coast Guard websit on "Sunkisst Boats". By the way, Indmar may have been the engine supplier.
    Details for Manufacturer Identification Code SJN
    MIC: SJN Status: Out of Business
    Company: SUNKISST JET BOATS MFG Company Official:
    Parent Company: Parent MIC:
    Address: 2554 ASHBURTON PL N City: CORDOVA
    State: TN Zip: 38018
    Fax: In Business: 11/10/1976 12:00:00 AM
    Out of Business: 3/15/1983 12:00:00 AM Date Modified: 3/15/1983 12:00:00 AM
    Type: Thrillcraft, jet boats, skiboats Additional Address:

Cbrown
    Sunkisst boats were built out of Memphis, Cordova is a Suburb. They were built by Porter Macfarland and Body Council. My Dad was very good friends with Body and Porter back in their river running days. Porter has passed, he had a boat flip at about 90 in a race in I believe the late 70s or early 80s. This was before my time but if you would like more info I can probably find it out. And there is a good chance that Indmar supplied the motors because they are located in Millington, Tn which is also a Suburb of Memphis.

Delta Jets
    Thanks for the info they look like a southwind splash to me its a nice quick boat with good ride LOL when it runs cam swap and test didnt go well wound up pushing another boat in with stiff rope towed by a outboard at that but was fast while it did run oh well think he is gonna go with 496 now start fresh.

I also have a SunKisst Tiger '79 that I just got on the water this year after a year long restoration :rollside: and I'll tell ya I love every thing about this boat!well enough of that! here's a pic
    MarKisthttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1164IM000371.JPG

Adrenalin
    NIce boat. Looks like you took your time and did it right. I hope you enoy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast