Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 34' Magic Sorcerer

CAHotRodBoy
    If I'm not mistaken it is an Arronow hull.
    Congrats in the new ride.
    Splash of a previous design? He had been dead for 6 years by 1993. I'm no expert but I don't recall any mention anywhere of him designing for Magic or Magic being one of the many companies he started and sold (Formula, Donzi, Cig, Squadran, Team USA, etc). Does anyone have any photos of one? I'd love to see one and learn more about them.

bohica
    Ken Brown had originally purchased the molds when he started Magic. It was supposedly a Don Arownow hull. 1993 was when Ken first started to make the 34'. Don't know date the mold was originally made.

Havasu Cig
    I remember reading the same thing about Magic buying the hulls from either Arronow or one of the companies he owned.

Quality Time
    CA HotRod,
    After Arronow founded the various companies you listed, his last effort was Arronow Powerboats. A few V's as well as Cats. The molds that Magic bought were Arronow molds. Not sure what happened to the cat hulls.

CJ
    Magic was a choice high on my list before the owner gave me a look at his attitude towards the customer. Their boats look nice, but I need a company that wants me to yell their name, wear their gear, not one that tricks you into buying their boat then goes behind your back to use your hard work and effort to benefit themselves.
    I have spoken to many builders since and have learned much. There are a few out there to trust, but always ask the right questions, get the answers in writing and hold them to them.
    If you decide to get a Magic, make sure Ron Moyes stands behind the boat. Make sure he signs anything they agree to. Make sure he promises to treat you as you deserve to be treated when spending over 100k on one of his boats.
    I asked the right questions, got the right answers, did NOT get in writing and the went against their word. They then told me that they would do it again. Ron told me that I did not click with the company. I guess my demand for integrity, quality and customer service was not what they wanted to hear.
    Great luck whatever you buy.

Flying Tiger
    Amazing, but you'd think you'd read more about Magics in Hot Boats.
    They seem to be rarely discussed.
    CJ's was the first take I ever read here. Though I'm sure more has been said. I'd take heed in CJ's words. Most boat builders are tricky people. Eyes wide open.
    The Sorcerer has caught my eye too. If I go bigger,, Sorcerer is on the list.
    It's a lotta boat between you and the water. A whole new definition of the word freeboard.
    They're awsum monsterboats,, and I would love one. Candy rainbow colors, with marbled, thin tiger stripes.
    Yea,, that's the way I'd buy it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12