Thread: Polishers....

HammerDown
    Makita vs Porter Cable...any suggestions?
    Makita# 9227c
    Porter Cable#7428
    Time for me to retire my very heavy one speed Black and Decker.

gramps
    I just bought a Mikita knock off called a Nikita..........got it from the local auto paint supply house $98.00 vs: $225 for the deWalt. Vari speed and works great!!!

Jbb
    I have had a Mikita electronic variable speed for about 15 years ...used and dropped constantly ...still runs like new...and has done a lifetime of buffing.. :mix:

Ron Burnett
    the makita is the best by far! we have been using them @ rons for years an occasional brush change and cord replacment. 12 years still buffing away.

HammerDown
    Thanks for the feedback

Tom Brown
    I looked at both the DeWalt and Mikita. Both seemed good but I went for the Mikita 9227c as it was highly recommended by a jet boat owner I am aquainted with. It works great and the build quality is fantastic.
    Let's face it, jet boat owners are experts on polishing. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

GASHGAZER
    Go to HarborFreight.com, they have portercable ones for $20, they work just as good as the rest with variable speed. Buy 2 or 3 and use them up. I've had one for 4 years and still runs like a champ.

GASHGAZER

Dr. Eagle
    :idea: I just bought a Mikita knock off called a Nikita..........
    I wonder if that is a russian knock off of a japanese product.... :idea: