Thread: Blower Belt ????

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have this B&M 250 blower. Id like to replace the blower belt. I have been told I can just buy it from a Industrial supply type place. I called a place in town. The only thing they came up with is a 55 i.n. or a 55.9 inch one. Mine is a 55.625 Im just wondering if my belt is a special marine belt. My belt hasn't got any brand name on it.
    Im sure I could just call a marine supply place and buy the belt. I was trying to save some $$$$$$$
    Anybody have any ideas????

Infomaniac
    Should be a standard Gates Belt.
    Serpentine or Gilmer style?

dan hudson
    the worthest thing I found out is trying to save a buck when comes to high porformance . any blower shop will be able to help you . kevlar is noisey and rubber is quiet, both work very well I ran a rubber belt for 15 years no problems :hammerhea

drysumpjet
    Dan,
    2 industrial suppliers I use are McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com and MSC Supply Co www.mscdirect.com
    I purchased a belt for my dry sump oil pump (similiar to a blower belt but much smaller) from McMaster-Carr. It worked out great as I needed a custom legnth. Never tried a belt for a blower from them though. I just looked at their site and in their belt listing had a huge amount of choices, legnth can be measured by tooth count, and it would be helpful if you knew the trade size. Although, by chance, is yours ribbed instead of toothed? (There is a good place for a joke)
    P.S.
    McMaster-Carr is great for stainless hardware, some smaller sizes are sold box only though.

lucky
    You can go to auto parts stores like my freind did , and they will give ya the size and with ya want - it will last a pass before it blowes off - lmao - they kept selling him fan belts - so check your ply's thickness - you can buy a slightly larger belt or smaller - thats what your tensioner controls ohh keep your old belt and stick it somewhere safe in the boat for emergenies .

DansBlown73Nordic
    It is the Serpentine type belt. Im sure it doesn't take some custom size.

Infomaniac
    Just call around and ask who keeps Gates Serentine belts. it is nothing special. Get two while you are at it.

GofastRacer
    Here ya go, this ought to narrow it down!.. :smile:
    Gates! (http://www.gates.com/automotive/distributors/index.cfm)

DansBlown73Nordic
    I know im a cheap skate.....But what the hell im sure I can buy it local for a hell of alot less......