Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-model berkley buildup

AngryJosh
    I'm getting ready to build my e-model berkley. I have a stock 460 bbf. I want to go as far as I can with the GOOD stuff, but dont want to overbuild the pump for the motor.
    I will play with horsepower next year!!
    I have a diverter, and thats it.
    I want to build an awesome pump, and lets pretend money is no option. What should I do?? The winner gets to see me build the pump and watch me have lots of fun. Thanks

Jetdriver
    Pull the E pump out and put in something else!

BrendellaJet
    HAHAHAHAHA...LOL. Yep. Ive heard the E pump isn't really all that bad, just dont try breaking any speed records. The swap to another pump would be a lot of work though-but it could be done. Youd probably have to move the mtot and interior forward though???

It's not that bad.... I have a 460 with an "E" in an Advantage 18' open bow, and am just shy of 70 mph. I'm not pumping a ton of HP into it, just trying to match parts to my setup. I just ordered the shoe and ride plate for the E from Duane at High Tech Performance, so hopefully that will give me a couple more MPH. I won't be able to install it until I bring the boat home in a couple weeks, so the first outing will be FC2. I'm sure I'll have to play with the setup more after the install, too. I could get more out of it by adding D0VE heads for 1.5 point compression increase, maybe a set of OTs instead of the logs, but at this point it gets ALOT more expensive to make an E go faster. It's fast enough to blow off a few boats.... even kinda fun doing it with an open bow with a closed engine!

AngryJosh
    Oh Jeez, I'll start over. I will not change the pump. The E pump is what I'm asking the questions about. I have seen boats with e-pumps that run super hard, so I'm keeping it. This is not a race boat, its more of a toy. I want to know what I should do to get better top speed with lower engine RPM, better all around performance and a huge ass roost. Droop snoot, modify the diverter, change impellers??? What?

ARS Marine inc. east
    Put a Loader In it, Ditch that rock Grate.
    I have them In stock. Call Me If Intersted
    (708)449-0200

Blown 472
    Oh Jeez, I'll start over. I will not change the pump. The E pump is what I'm asking the questions about. I have seen boats with e-pumps that run super hard, so I'm keeping it. This is not a race boat, its more of a toy. I want to know what I should do to get better top speed with lower engine RPM, better all around performance and a huge ass roost. Droop snoot, modify the diverter, change impellers??? What?
    I have an e pump in my boat with a mpd loader, htp shoe and ride plate, the bowl has been flowed and has a stuffer, the legend b cut imp has been flowed, I had the nozzle machined for a dominator o ring and I have a nozzle reducer. Right now the 8.3 to 1 five cylinder runs 62 mph at 4200 rpm.
    If you want a big roost get an alum die grinder bit and go to work on the nozzle stop that has "berkley" cast into it and hog till the jet o vator wont go any more.

Without having tested the shoe yet, I can't say for sure, but I would go with the shoe and ride plate first, then a ramp loader. I only picked up 2 mph with the loader, and after looking at it closer, the shoe needs attention more.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Awwww come on now. The guys asking for help not torture
    :hammerhea
    By the way bud, whatcha running and how fast is she??????????
    People say that jacuzzi pumps are not good either but I have one neck snapping boat that has a jacuzzi and a 455 olds spinning that baby. I aint flammin' ya, I'm just sayin' cut the brotha some slack

AngryJosh
    I have a ride plate already. I'm not sure what its adjusted at?? I'll check this weekend. I'll do the hoggin so the diverter can point higher. But I want to know what impeller you guys would recommend. I've got about 300 hp and can do 60mph on the dot. Thats with a gps. What will give me more mph??
    Oh and a bigger roost I'm almost sure its got an A impeller now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast