Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TPC "Sneak Previews"

Froggystyle
    RiverDave:
    How's Trident involved with TPC carbs?
    RD It isn't. I am no more involved with TPC than I am with any other vendor that I anticipate working with or have worked with. If I knew both sides of a Rex Marine bash, I would chime in just as readily.
    I just know, near completely, both sides of the story, and have personally worked on the boat after the new carbs were installed.
    Jordy, regarding the 8 month downtime... The result of their last tuning session was that the boat had greater issues, and they needed to be resolved before any more tuning could take place. Some of the greater issues were resolved in my garage the day after the failed tuning session, but my advice to Justin after seeing the bad timing, LOTS of water in the fuel, LOTS of corrosion in the lines, regulator and other components, was to replace the bad regulator (that also dumped corrosion into the new carbs), remove and re-clean the carbs, time it properly, remove, drain and roll the tanks, replace the fuel filter and lines and start over. His fuel pump was located above his sump by a pretty good amount, and it was not getting a prime. That had to be relocated down as I recall. He also had a bad wiring connection on the fuel pump, which I repaired for him right then. I told him then, after never having talked to Ty before that the carbs were not the problem. One little tiny spot of that oxidation through a needle and seat valve is absolutely enough to ruin one. I have done it before.
    Ty has had the floats waiting, as well as the rest of the tuning session that he owes Justin. Justin has taken this period to get steamed up over the situation, instead of maintaining contact and getting his carbs finished. To this day, I do not know if Justin's boat has been running well enough to do another tuning session. I will promise you this though, if the tanks were not cleaned, and the lines and filter were not replaced, then it is still not ready.
    Ty offered to rebuild the carbs last week for free. He offered to boost reference them, do some new mods to help him and baseline them for the new blower. Justin gave him the finger.
    I am uninterested at this point. Ty phoned me for some advice with regards to Justin. He knows I worked on his boat, and he asked me what I felt, if anything needed to be done. I told him to offer once and for all to finish the job, and I told him to do it in writing. A couple days later Ty gave Justin what I consider a very attractive offer for the above rebuild, and Justin had the sack to ask for his money back. 8 months later, after never getting the boat cleaned up to the point that they could dial it in, and after several social engagements where they both re-iterated to each other that they need to get together and finish the job, and after pumping gallons of bad gas and corrosion through the new carbs.
    You make your own decision. I think Ty has done the right thing, and I am not alone.
    [ March 26, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

Froggystyle
    RiverDave:
    Am I the only one that thinks this thread should no longer be in a tech section?
    It is not of a technical nature, it is of a social and business nature.
    It belongs in the sandbar or somewhere other then here.
    RD That is my last post on the subject, and I agree with you. I think it is a dead issue, as the interested parties have come to conclusion, and the rest is aftermath. I don't think it should move to the sandbar though.
    I think any "advice" given regarding this subject should move to e-mailville. This is a private matter between two individuals.

miller19j
    RiverDave:
    Am I the only one that thinks this thread should no longer be in a tech section?
    It is not of a technical nature, it is of a social and business nature.
    It belongs in the sandbar or somewhere other then here.
    RD I disagree! It should stay here and both parties should voice their opinion freely.

Hotcrusader76
    MillerJ19,
    This is not a stomping ground between two people.
    The bottom line exists that he was disatisfied with my services, I rogered up, he declined with insult...and this is 8 months after the fact.
    I choose to keep this between Justin and I from a "Professional" standpoint, which is how all of my clients are treated.
    The story is out and with another post of Mr. Condon's resolution letter from TPC that will be the end to this file.
    ~Ty

78Eliminator
    Ty, you are one of the biggest dipshits I have ever met. My motor is a train wreck eh? Then why did it run so well after I rebuilt your shit pile carbs myself. You suck Ty, TPC carbs sucks and I wouldn't strap those hunks of shit on my boat if you paid me. So please refrain from calling my motor a train wreck and casting blame in all directions but your shotty work. I threw your carbs in the trash Ty, doesn't that tell you something about your work? I built my own now with all new parts and a meticulous eye. Want to know what? My boat actually runs and idles and everything! But I still must have a train wreck, right? You're a train wreck yourself buddy. You lie to your customers and yourself so much that you believe it yourself.
    [ March 26, 2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

78Eliminator
    Hotcrusader76:
    MillerJ19,
    The bottom line exists that he was disatisfied with my services, I rogered up, he declined with insult...and this is 8 months after the fact.
    I choose to keep this between Justin and I from a "Professional" standpoint, which is how all of my clients are treated.
    The story is out and with another post of Mr. Condon's resolution letter from TPC that will be the end to this file.
    ~Ty Professional would be a refund. Why would I ever want you to touch anything on my motor ever again? YOU SCARE ME! Stay away, and I am done here....

miller19j
    Hotcrusader76:
    MillerJ19,
    ~Ty Ty,
    Don’t take it personally! I am not taking sides I do not have enough information to make a decision on what happened.
    But,
    You openly advertise your services on a free and open board “Hot boat forums” so in turn I believe that Justin or any one else satisfied or dissatisfied has the right to openly post their opinion of your work.
    No Threats and No Nudity have been posted in this thread so I see no reason to move it.

78Eliminator
    And Ty, I don't want to talk about this any more with you or Wes, ever. So lets just agree on that, ok? But if you are posting things here in a public forum and my little built in bullshit meter is going off, I am going to post. Sorry, it's just the way I am built. So, thanks for nothing and I hope the profits you made at my expense get you far in your business ventures.

78Eliminator
    RiverDave:
    Miller, I wasn't suggesting locking the thread, or deleting it.
    I was simply saying that this isn't "on topic" or of a "technical nature" which is what the "tech" sections are for.
    They both would still have the opportunity to respond in another forum.
    Doesn't matter to me one way or the other if it's moved or not. It's just this kind of bantering that kills the tech sections.
    That's all I was saying.
    RD RD, it is technical if it's regarding the quaility of work of someone who is consistently spamming this site.

miller19j
    RiverDave:
    Miller, I wasn't suggesting locking the thread, or deleting it.
    I was simply saying that this isn't "on topic" or of a "technical nature" which is what the "tech" sections are for.
    They both would still have the opportunity to respond in another forum.
    Doesn't matter to me one way or the other if it's moved or not. It's just this kind of bantering that kills the tech sections.
    That's all I was saying.
    RD That is a good point Dave. Did I really Just say that! What the hell am I thinking today! wink
    I guess I am a little sensitive about moderating someone’s opinion. I think that it was based on a tech subject and now has evolved into dissatisfied customer/ supplier conflict. It is probably not completely appropriate to be here but I still think that moving it would be wrong.
    I will stay out of it from now on and leave it up to Ty and Justin
    I am not trying to offend anyone or take sides here.
    Miller(advocate for free speech)19j
    [ March 26, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast