Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TPC "Sneak Previews"

Infomaniac
    Free advertising from these boards?
    The nerve of some people.

Hotcrusader76
    Well now everyone can witness the level of insult I have delt with over this issue.
    As one of my previous customers stated," I'll be the first to thank and the first to flame a vendor because I believe that "WE ARE THE CUSTOMER" regardless of what some vendors may perceive." In this case I swallowed the pill and took for action a resolve to the matter, regardless of whos right or wrong.
    I will post the pictures of the internals of his carburetors when they arrived in shop. Then everyone else can be the judge of it.
    My resolution to the matter still stands, but it looks as if Mr. Condon took matters into his own resolve.

78Eliminator
    Infomaniac:
    Free advertising from these boards?
    The nerve of some people. Lets just say that I can speak for everyone when I say that you have contributed a whole lot to this site as far as being a technical reference and a straight shooter. Your engine building threads on HB are some of the best threads I have read. Keep up the good work Info....

78Eliminator
    Hotcrusader76:
    I will post the pictures of the internals of his carburetors when they arrived in shop. Then everyone else can be the judge of it.
    Yeah Ty you go and do that. Better also state theat everything that you got, you threw in the trash and replaced. It was a slam dunk. All you had to do was assemble the new parts (except for the main body) and you were done, but you couldn't even do that right. So post away and dig yourself in deeper.
    I ask the audience here, what do I have to gain by speaking of my experiences with Ty? What does Ty have to gain; or lose?

78Eliminator
    RiverDave:
    Did you change anything else in that process other then the carbs? Or is it you just rebuilt your carb's and now the boat runs fine?
    RD We broke the fuel pressure regulator while we were trying to toubleshoot the carbs so I replaced it. After replacing the fuel pressure regualtor, the carbs still had flooding issues, so THEN I rebuilt them. After the rebuild and discovering the bad floats (they had holes in them), I had no problems. Ty states that he bench tests his carbs (including the float assembly) before he sends them to his customers, but I find that hard to believe after my experience.
    You know, I would have let this thing totally rest if I wasn't poked with a stick by Wes and Ty. They both asked what I wanted to resolve this whole thing to be happy and I asked for a full refund. Ty countered with offering to rebuild the carbs again but why would I want that? I am done using him since my bad experience and have became quite proficient since the inception of this project. He insists that he rebuild them. Ever hear the expression "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". Well, I just want my money, no services.
    Anyway, I still think he makes a beautiful product, it's just the attention to mechanical detail that is (or perhaps *was*) lacking. Perhaps my experiece was a complete fluke and now he's the man, I don't know. I hope so, for his client's sake. I guess I was asking too much of him to trust that he would really test and inspect everything that went into his finished product.
    I just expect that when he hands something back to me, it better damn well work. Especially if the cost of his services would have bought me a couple new dominators.
    [ March 26, 2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Jordy
    Hotcrusader76:
    When the clients motor is a “train wreck” before his new carbs are installed, what good is a vacuum gauge? Funny that you refer to a customer's motor as a train wreck, blame that for all the problems but procede to rape him for $1500. From an ethical standpoint, wouldn't it have been better to have him address his "train wreck" issues before rebuilding his carbs? Although, in your testimonial section you speak of a 6500 rpm pass. Not too bad for a train wreck. Really weak attempt to cover your faulty workmanship.
    On an even funnier note, the motor that I was speaking of didn't belong to Justin and it was pretty far from a train wreck. Remember talking to me Ty? I gave you every bit of information I had on my motor and was looking for a baseline suggestion to get through the season before I shipped the carb back to have you "work your magic" on it. Does any of this ring a bell? The only thing I didn't have was a vacuum reading and you said you would figure it out because you had all the information you needed and could work it all out. A week goes by and I talk to you to see what you've come up with. I almost dropped the phone when I hear "Well, where do you think you need to be?" That was the last time I talked to you Ty and I'll Mexi-chrome my carb before I'd let you touch it. This is all in a different time and reference than Justin's deal by the way and I came to my conclusions on my own accord. Although, after talking to you, I did warn him to rethink his decision to let you do his carbs. Hate to say I told you so.
    Hopefully all your customer service issues have been addressed and good luck in the future.

schiada96
    How much water was in the tanks and how much fuel pressure???? Just curious not trying to start anything but I have been following this thread.

78Eliminator
    schiada96:
    How much water was in the tanks and how much fuel pressure???? Just curious not trying to start anything but I have been following this thread. Fuel pressure was at 9 lbs and it still is. Water in the tank is an exageration, more like condensation. I still take off my floats and will see a few droplets of water in there every now and then. But nothing major....

Hotcrusader76
    For the record, what your saying is the corrosion (for a lack of better technical wording) seen in your old metering blocks (pics below) is an exageration?
    You contracted me to overhaul your carburetors Mr. Condon. When I discovered this mess while taking them apart, I contacted you immediately, correct? Did I not inform you to clean your other fuel components as well? I know you remember these pics because after you veiwed them you opted to either replace them or upgrade to Billet for the added performance and mainly "pimp" factor and we know which option you took.
    Your old components were discarded due to what I call a "total loss". The emulsion circuit (mainwell region for the novice)was non-correctable in order to keep that carburetor properly tuned. As I do with all defective components, they become trash. It is not our policy to return old components to the customer.
    If you believe that this white substance just suddenly appeared inside your fuel pump, regulator, and or original carbs but didn't bother to anticipate it coming from your fuel tanks, then I advise that you investigate further.
    This white crap was so loaded upside the mainwells, that when your originally ill tuned motor finanlly achieved some fuel suction it nearly blew the top of your scoop. Correct? I know there were some witnesses there that could vouch for that. After that event I assume you then contacted me. Right? For carburetor repair right? That's what remember and that's what I invoiced you. Advise is free and it always emcompasses my scope of knowledge and experience so with that being said, if you would have asked me to ovehaul your "fuel system" then I would have declined.
    On a very last note, before this post becomes considered SPAM or is it anti-SPAM:
    I will post the letter sent to Mr. Condon in full detail. After that I will no longer entertain this topic as I believe it's no longer resolvable.
    I encourage all of my customers that have dealt with my company or any vendor at that to freely express their opinions on services or products they were or were not happy with. I would never damn a person for doing that, but the second the truth becomes misleading and inaccurate, well... All I can say is just be honest because it's in "your" best interest not mine.

Jordy
    ~!

[ March 26, 2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast