Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honda 450f

Speedin' Ian
    Thinking about buying a new 450F and I was curious what you guys are paying for them out the door, and what kind of financing are you getting? Also how are these bikes as far as all around bikes ( tracks, dessert, etc. )? Thanks for any input.

JetBoatRich
    Check this place, best price I have found
    La Cycle (http://www.lacyclesports.com/hondamc.htm)

Boozer
    Thinking about buying a new 450F and I was curious what you guys are paying for them out the door, and what kind of financing are you getting? Also how are these bikes as far as all around bikes ( tracks, dessert, etc. )? Thanks for any input.
    Have you ever ridden one? Are you any experienced rider?
    My father and I use to ride 250's but then he bumped up to a YZ426 a couple years ago. He loves it but I personally hate it. I would recommend riding one before you pull the trigger on buying one. They feel a lot different then a 250 and they are a bitch to start.

Wicky
    I picked up my CR250 for 4800 out the door. The CRF 450 was 5300 out the door. My 250 beat up my bros CRF 450 and all the other HONDA and Yami 450s. We raced 4 times up a hill 6 bikes wide and my 2-stroke prevailed by over 2 bike lengths everytime!!!! Oh yeah, my bike is bone stock and theirs all had mods done.
    Mow,
    Wicky

Hal
    I bought a 2002 OTD for $7200.00 when they first came out. I would think that is way to much to pay these days. The bike was bitchen, it would do anything you wanted it to do. Saved my ass more than a few times. You got power from 0 to where ever. It starts on the first kick. The only reason I sold it was to save my life ,it lets you ride way over your head and at my age I don't need that. I have never rode a bike that handled so well. Used to race TT and short track back in the late 60s and early 70s so this was my first bike in 30 years. All I can say is if your a Honda guy go with the 450 you wont be sorry you did. What they get for them these days I don't know but I don't think I would pay over the price that on has on there web site.
    PS... If this is your first bike or your not very experenced in riding I would not recomend this bike.

RiverRatMike
    I personally like the Yamaha WR450F way better than the CRF450. More power and has a headlight and electrric start which is very cool! Had my new WR for a few months and and just love everything about it. Been riding dirtbikes for over 20 years now and this bike has got me hooked. Great bike!!!!

100mbs
    Check out Alba Action in Poway. They have them listed at $5699.00. I know with the Quads they put a jet kit, pipe, seat, and bars for the same price everyone else does for a stock one. They might do the same for MX. They also ship door to door.
    Click here to go to Alba Action WebSite (http://www.albaaction.com/)

Hal
    Your right Mike if I was to buy another bike to play on I would go for the wr450. The lights and electric start are great and would work for the type of riding I want to do today. But if I wanted to go fast without the extra 50+ Lbs I don't think you could beat the Honda CRF450R. They have sure proven themselves on the race track, Flat track and MX.

RiverRatMike
    yeah Hal your right. Just had bad experiances with Hondas over the years. I'd never ever buy one. Believe me my WR is fast had it up to 95 this weekend out on a paved road outside of Parker. I backed off after that speed. I still had a little more throttle. Weight doesn't bother me one bit. I don't think the WR is heavy at all. I don't ride easy either I run my WR pretty hard and it's just amazing! Just comes down to perferance I guess.

77charger
    I rode one last year.I also owned a cr 250 before.All i can say is that it started very easily,left like a cr 500 and reved like a cr250 but only faster.defintely an awesome bike

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast