Thread: Electric water pump?

2Sangers
    Just bought my first v drive (83 Sanger ski hydro) and am trying to get my jet boat motor installed in it and ready to run. I already changed the oil pan and timing chain cover but my neovane pump is a POS. I am running a small block chevy with a roller cam so setting end play is also a concern. The pump fittings are in the way of the blower belt too.
    Can I run an electric water pump such as a CSI with a 10AN inlet? The boat has outboard steering with a 5/8" tube welded to the rudder for the pickup. I need to feed the engine and the intercooler with this pickup if my small block can make the boat blow the tail. Thanks

repo man
    i wouldn't, car pumps are made to circulate they don't self prime . my brother tried one and it was a dismal failure. try a big raw water pump like they use in motorhomes

DansBlown73Nordic
    I have run a camper type water pump made by Jabsco. It has worked great for about five years. I have run it dry all kinds of bad stuff. It still works like NEW.... :rollside:

ColeTR1
    Here is a good thread to read i use a Magnaflo pump!
    Pump Info (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13371)

2Sangers
    Thanks,
    That thread from last year was very interesting. Now I wonder if a magnaflow will feed both the engine and the intercooler for a much neater plumbing job.