Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tahiti info

78miniday
    OOPS! One addition. From what I recall the Super Cruiser is the one with the Small cabin Below deck. A friend had a 23' model. It has a small window on each side of the bow.

78miniday,
    what year is your Tahiti. Sounds to me like it might be one of the old deep V 16's. Lot's of times they were refered to a a 17.
    [This message has been edited by old rigger (edited April 18, 2002).]

oh yeah,
    just found some pictures in my dad's stuff, 1971-2. One of them is of the very first 21' Tahiti in our drive-way. It was called the 'Boss 21'. This one has it painted down the gunnals to advertise the fact. We were on our way to the river with it.

Cas
    Originally posted by OLDSQUIRT:
    Hey Cas,
    Don't the sell the Tahiti Tiger short. It's 17'10" http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
    OldSquirt,
    Sorry about that, I guess 4in means a lot in some areas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif
    Cas,
    Nice website. By the places you frequent, it seems you live near me. Im in Sacramento. A beautiful little Hot Boat Lake many of us keep a secret is called Camp Far West Lake. Its near Lincoln California. There are always some interesting drags in the evening at 1/4 mile cove. Lots of camping to. About the old tahiti. Ill post a pic of it (after I go take it) and see what you think. Your boat appears to be the same color as mine. My boat is 20'6"
    Mini,
    I'm in Sonoma. I've heard quite a bit about CFW but have never been there but will check it out one of these days. You ought to join us at the Tower Park Run Aug 23-25. We have about 30 boats coming and quite a few people, mostly from the Banderlog message board and this one. As a matter of fact, OldSquirt and Old Rigger will both be there.
    If you're interested, let me know, it's only $54.00 for a campsite for the weekend. It's going to be a great time!
    oh yeah,
    just found some pictures in my dad's stuff, 1971-2. One of them is of the very first 21' Tahiti in our drive-way. It was called the 'Boss 21'. This one has it painted down the gunnals to advertise the fact. We were on our way to the river with it.
    OR,
    I'd like to see those pics. If you get a chance, can you post them? If not, bring them up to Tower Park so we can check them out.
    Steve

Cas
    Oh yea Mini,
    We'll be up at Rollins Lake June 15th through the 21st if you're interested in making a little short trip.
    Steve

jetboat5150
    I've got a '78 18' tahiti bubble deck I've had for about 4yrs. now and love it. Bought it as a turn key with a BBC Berk. pump looking forward to seeing you all at Tower park in Aug. if not before somewhere. Jake

DEEZ NUTTS
    My neighbor has a 18 or so Tahiti with a 4cyl and an outdrive. He was looking to sell it(its a basket case) untill I showed him the article on the same boat featured in readers ride in HB a few months ago. Any special info about these boats. He has the motor torn down for stronger rebuild with plans of running light boost with a turbo.

DEEZ NUTTS,
    if your buddies boat is like that one in HB a few months back, it's a 16 footer. They built tons and tons of them from 1965 on. Up until last year, sombody was actually still building them.
    When I saw that boat in HB, I just about flipped because the thing was so clean. I called Orange County info on a hunch and got the guys # and called him up. I told him that my dad worked there starting in '66 up through '74 or '75. As we talked he walked out to his garage and was telling me details about the boat. I told him how to identify the markings to see if my dad had built his boat and as luck would have it, he did. All riggers had to sign their boat in case of warranty work. The boat's never been down except for a rebuild on the motor. Original gauges, wiring, carpet and so on. Never so much as a leak. The guy has kept excellent care of it.
    There was actually 3 different molds for the litle 16. The outboard is pretty obvious. The jet and I/O molds were different although both were used for the same thing. The I/O like the one in the article has a transom that is raised, it has a certain amount of crown to it to allow to raise the X on the out drive. This hull came later. The early I/O's used the hull with the flat area above the transom, which was really the jet hull. I have a buddy that has a '66 I/O in this hull. The other one is better. All the bottoms were the same. Actually, there were 6 different decks for the 16 when you count in the one's with the wrap around windshield. It was offered with all types of power too.

INFINITEJJ
    I have a 1975 19' Tahiti that has been converted from a closed bow to an open bow. I love the boat and the low freeboard and the updated look of an older boat. Here are a few pics.
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imag...4.JPG&img=&tt=.
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imag...3.JPG&img=&tt=.

SANGERBRU
    Originally posted by RiskyinElsinore:
    I have a Tahiti with a small block chevy and out drive and I am happy to say that it can hold it,s own up next to most jet boats and I realy like ****ing with the blown guys.You could'nt touch any jetboat sm. blk. or big,and certainly not a blown.Get a life!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast