Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for FOURQ paging FOURQ

Prop Rod
    http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/0/74703750.htm
    I was told your family owned southwind boats. I recently found this and was surprised by the year and lay-up. Could you shed any info on this deal? Thanks.

dmontzsta
    It is definately a sweeet cruiser. And the fact that it is a V Drive is better.

moneysucker
    This has already been up here. The last SW I year I have seen is 82 and that is Petrofied. Also they never made any V drives. But I am sure that is what Four Q or Nuckin Futz will tell you.

Prop Rod
    i thought it was pretty cool as well. Its only a blown small block 383cid. The owner says it runs about 85mph. I'm just not sure about the pad bottom at cruising speed. I'm a little afraid that the rougher water is going to slap the bottom of that pad and give a bad ride. Dont really want to put the plates way far down either. hhhhmmmm :idea:

dmontzsta
    This has already been up here. The last SW I year I have seen is 82 and that is Petrofied. Also they never made any V drives. But I am sure that is what Four Q or Nuckin Futz will tell you.
    I am pretty sure FourQ told me they made a few V Drives, they even made 3 flatbottoms at one time, but the rigging was a pain, so they stuck with jets.

FOURQ
    we never made a v-drive....wid did make a few flaties but we didnt rig them..that boat couldnt posibly be a Southwind being a 1992..a sweet ride but i dont think it's a true southwind posibly a splash of the 20.
    ask nuckin futs he has had contact with the owner
    4Q

Prop Rod
    thanks fourQ, i pm'd nuckin futs. hopefully i'll hear back from him soon!
    Thanks for all the info guys!

Nucking futs
    I as well was interested in this boat.It says on the title that it is made by southwind.Never such a company,it was jen-craft.As for the handling of the boat i could only imagine how it would ride as my 20' is a bit jumpy in the rough stuff but thats the way i like to drive.The owner claimed he had that made out of the southwind mold and he knows where it is.Well i said,tell me cuz whoever had that mold might know the tunnel mold is and he would not tell me.This boat is at a broker and is looking turn it fast.I would really like to drive the boat and see how it handled.But that is as much info i could get out of him.When it was first posted it said it was a 2004,so i emailed them and the very next day it was a 92.So i called again and asked for the hin # and he said it was a #27 and thats it.Somthin aint right about this deal and i would be carefull cuz i really wanted to go get it but thought the better of it.
    It is a real bithen boat and the fact that it is a v-drive makes it that much better,but i better stick to the jets i know where they came from.I also asked who rigged it and it was a rick larson or sombody like that , so ask any delta guys that run v-drives if they ever heard of them.
    If i had the cash laying around it would have been bought 3 weeks ago,but oh well im gunna pass on it....Tim.

Here's the old thread. BTW I looked at my old Pink Slip for my Southwind and it has the builder as Southiwnd but the hull number is JNC which is Southiwnd by JemCraft. You think they would have put JemCraft as the builder on the Pink Slip too.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54624
    Nucking Futs I thought you were going for a test drive in that boat last weekend? What happend you got me all excited?

I had talked to someone from Marina Boat Sales and they told me that the HIN # was 39 WTF. The number must change daily. They said that it was built from the 20 Southwind mold. I asked if they would go out and look at the transom for the HIN and they said there was no HIN on the boat.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast