Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wiring ?

NautiII
    I am going to replace all the wiring in my 72 Kona. is it easier to buy a wire loom, or just buy the wire and attempt it myself? I am not very electrically inclined! or does anyone have a wiring diagram to make it easier. thanks!

Taylorman
    I am going to replace all the wiring in my 72 Kona. is it easier to buy a wire loom, or just buy the wire and attempt it myself? I am not very electrically inclined! or does anyone have a wiring diagram to make it easier. thanks!
    Wiring is not hard. Solder all your terminals. Im not sure who sells a wire loom. I bought a bunch of wire and went to town.

Cole1313
    Get a jet boat wire harness. Bergeron can probably get you one. They are like $100, and takes about an 2 hours to do the whole thing. pm 396 or 460 they can give you the number to the shop.

NautiII
    Get a jet boat wire harness. Bergeron can probably get you one. They are like $100, and takes about an 2 hours to do the whole thing. pm 396 or 460 they can give you the number to the shop.
    I got the number to Bergeron. 396 is the one who told me to just buy the wire. I cant get ahold of him now. I was just trying to save a few bucks.

Cole1313
    I got the number to Bergeron. 396 is the one who told me to just buy the wire. I cant get ahold of him now. I was just trying to save a few bucks.
    I tried that. You are going to spend half the day making the harness look nice, or you can spend the $10 more to get one that is nicely done. I also had a hard time getting the right wire. I forget the number, but if you need to know I can look tonight when I get home.

455Rocket
    I re-wired my entire boat and it was pretty much a cake-walk... all you're doing is replacing what's already there in most cases (or you'll end up like me and tear out about 50 ft of old wire that goes nowhere)
    I suggest using marine wire that's pre-tinned and wet/dry rated... I crimped all my connections w/o problem using marine connectors w/ shrink wrap. I found that the pre-cut spools were either too long or too short, so most was custom cut... that way I didn't end up w/ a box of unused wire at the end.

460 jus getn it
    i did my wiring for just under 175. bergeron is the way to go. check your pms scott..............

NautiII
    well, like a knucklehead, I tore out my wiring, labeled the wires, and somehow, some of the labels fell off!!! and to begin with, some of the wires have been cut, spliced, you name it. so I just want it done right, and neat!

Cole1313
    well, like a knucklehead, I tore out my wiring, labeled the wires, and somehow, some of the labels fell off!!! and to begin with, some of the wires have been cut, spliced, you name it. so I just want it done right, and neat!
    Are you going to re-wire the block as well?? It really is not that hard! It looks a little intimidating at first. If you want it clean, just take your time and fix your mistakes. Dont say, oh well this will work.

460 jus getn it
    dude i have all the colors u need.......scott what ever you need just let me now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast