Thread: Lake Tahoe Trip

Family4Day
    I wanted to thank everyone who had responded and gave me some great info while we prepared for our trip to Lake Tahoe. Long tow from home(10 1/2hrs), but after getting on the lake and seeing the water and views-well worth it. I haven't download any pictures yet, but will soon. The cool cover canopy from That Jeff Guy worked out great also. It's a much different boating experince than Havasu or any other lake I've ever seen. The boat ran great, but like everyone had said, the afternoon weather change turns the lake into the ocean. One afternoon had 1-2' whitecaps and temp dropped from 80's to high 60's in what seemed like a instant. Thanks again. It's nice to get good info from friends that you have never met, but hopefully will someday soon. If you see us at the river. the ice chest is always full!
    Todd

throwerb
    Just got back from a 4 day trip myself and the only nice day was the one we were leaving on, thank God I didn't take my boat, looked like the ocean the whole time. Glad you had fun.

Mohavekid
    Glad to hear you enjoyed the lake.
    Let's see some pics...

Dr. Eagle
    Boating on Tahoe is a great experience... and a little local intel helps. I had to find out the hard way... but never had any bad experiences...

Family4Day
    I'll post some pics soon. The camera is at home and I'm on duty until Tuesday. Dr. Eagle-thanks again for your tips-we went to Round Hill beach 2 days-the nicest beach type area that you could get close to for unloading/loading. Beautiful water-might have to become a yearly trip for me and the family.