Thread: IMI Hi-Torque Marine Starter

I bought my starter (IMI Hi-Torque Marine Starter) just under a year ago and took the boat out locally on Friday and just heard one click and no start. It did this for about 10 trys and then finally started. Anyone have a clue on whats happening the engine was not hot and the starter worked great 2 weeks ago at the river. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

Danhercules
    Well, I would start by cleaning all your terminals on the battery and on the starter. Heck , it cannot hurt. Did it start fine after that? How many more times did ya start it?
    By the way, I forgot to take pics under my dash. Check your PM's

jtmarten
    Hi
    Charge the battery(s). Had a similar problem with mine today, solenoid fired but no cranking. Put the charger/booster on it and it fired right up.
    Jeff

disco_charger
    Yup. Mine did the same thing at CBBB3. Spent Saturday in the parking lot. First couple of hours, I thought it was resistance/battery. Finally pull the starter. Solenoid kicks out, but Starter no turn. Go to Holiday RV and Marine and get raped for a GM mini hi torque ($270 rebuilt ). Might never go back to the reduction unit.
    Disco

dave186
    i dunno what the hell kinda starter is in my boat but sometimes it wont even click. it is a BBF but the solenoid is build into the starter like a chev. if i put it on the charger it will fire right up. sometimes it pisses ya off. but it hasnt done it since i put the interstate diesel truck battery in it (1000cca)