Thread: Golf cart street legal ?

ryantparks
    So can a non-registered (no license plates) golf cart be run on posted 25mph residential streets? I have heard different things from yes, only if it is on posted 25mph streets to yes, if you live within 3 miles form a golf coarse. My wife took my son to school on ours last week and a motor cop gave her a warning saying that it is not street legal. I just have to put on the front windshield and headlights then it should be good to go as far as getting it legal. Anyone with any imput? Thanks, Ryan

Mrs. casean
    So can a non-registered (no license plates) golf cart be run on posted 25mph residential streets? I have heard different things from yes, only if it is on posted 25mph streets to yes, if you live within 3 miles form a golf coarse. My wife took my son to school on ours last week and a motor cop gave her a warning saying that it is not street legal. I just have to put on the front windshield and headlights then it should be good to go as far as getting it legal. Anyone with any imput? Thanks, Ryan
    We got a golf cart and it is not street legal... need to drive it with in 2 miles or so from a golf cart and it is fine... but you can put blinkers and license plate ect and get it registered and it will be good to go... are'nt they kick ass!

dave186
    well i live out in the sticks and around here the farmers use them for irrigrating and if youf put hte yellow triangle on the back and dont go over 20mph you are legal. hell i could put a yellow trianlge on the back of my boatand cruiise town and no one would care. but hell im drunk and its like 4 am, who cares

don johnson
    Ours is registered in Arizona and is street legel. It came with the lighting package from Club Car which made it street legel.
    Keep in mind that you need to insure it once it becomes street legel.