Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so,who makes a good all round boat?

1svtrich
    Help,I still have my jet boat (Cheyanne tunnel) but Im in the market for a boat that is vesatile.I want a boat that can used to ski behind and also be able to take out and do some lake fishing.may be around the 20 foot range.any ideas guys?
    thanks, Richard

MikeF
    Spectra 21............or a Boston Whaler. :idea:

flat broke
    Spectra 20 word up! If you could find a newer Howard 21, those are really nice and a little more contemorary looking than the Spectra (the old Howard 21s basically ARE a Spectra 20). Then of course there is the Rogers 21 which also uses the Bud Bailey bottom. I'm a little biased but they are good all around boats. Plus they look halfway decent when done properly as open bows.
    If you're looking for something newer, then Ultra,Carrera,Advantage etc all have the early 90s open bow 21s which do the family/river duty fairly well, and with enough HP, anything can be fast!
    Chris

572Daytona
    Liberator makes a Fish & Ski that is essentially the 21' Daytona bottom, not sure if it comes in a Jet. Wildman on this board is a dealer, you can check with him and see what they offer, here is his website http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/
    http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/sitebu...lerinwater.jpg
    Another option would be an aluminum jet boat, they can come rigged for fishing and can be versatile. If it were me, I would keep the Cheyenne for a fast jet boat and go with an outboard fish & ski for the skiing/fishing

mud duck
    Have you looked at Gator Boats out of Missouri? They make a few fish & ski models, and import Eagle hulls for sport & tunnel models. They also sell used models that have been traded in for newer models. These are all welded aluminum, V8 powered, AT jet boats. With the paint schemes on them, you can barely tell they are aluminum. Fishing from an Ultra might get tricky. I would be a bit hot under the collar if a fishing hook got snagged in my seats. And then there is the blood in the carpet, plus a fish is dropped and flops all over the place. I am getting a headache.

lucky
    Liberator makes a Fish & Ski that is essentially the 21' Daytona bottom, not sure if it comes in a Jet. Wildman on this board is a dealer, you can check with him and see what they offer, here is his website http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/
    http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/sitebu...lerinwater.jpg
    Another option would be an aluminum jet boat, they can come rigged for fishing and can be versatile. If it were me, I would keep the Cheyenne for a fast jet boat and go with an outboard fish & ski for the skiing/fishing
    dat thang looks likey a cross betweena ( spl is right ) v/w and porche I think liberator got liberated by a gay flocker :hammer2:

Unchained
    If I were going to buy a new boat I'd get one of those aluminum 21' Eagle tunnel hulls.
    I saw one at the Table Rock meet and it's a real nice quality built machine.
    The advantages over a fiberglass boat are,
    Lightweight, durable, more freeboard, more interior room.
    The 21' tunnel lightweight model weights less than my 19' Stealth.
    Disadvantages,
    Doesn't look as cool as a picklefork (my wife told me this)
    The aluminum hull amplifies sound of waves, engine noises, etc.
    When you buy a bare hull it may not come with a paint job which can cost another 5k.

Aluminum Squirt
    Eagle aluminum all the way. Look at the sport 21' or the Sabre. You can hose aluminum off (aka get the fish guts out of your interior), it doesn't weigh much, you can drive it on/off the beach, run rapids (jump beaver damns-although I'm not sure I'd try that in anything but their 16' sport), and Eagle's racing record should be enough to prove they make a fast boat. They are a little pricey if you are thinking used 70's jetboat, but compared to just about any new hot boat, the price is right. Gator is one of the larger importers in the states. They set them up a bit different than what we race, but that's probably more what you are looking for anyway-Aluminum Squirt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast