Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: *** The Disingenuous Filmmaker ***

Blown 472
    I'm not a big fan of either party, but I'll give you the short answer to this question.
    It's not what the Rebulicians want to do for me that currently makes me favor them over Democrats. It's what they don't want to do to me. The Democrats want to raise my taxes and force me to live in a more regulated society and I don't want that. As long as the Democrats want to raise taxes (or take away tax cuts ) and pass more bans, or regulations on just about everything (except some types of sex and abortion :notam: ) they will not get my vote.
    You mean like the so called tax cut we got?? whoopie ding. What about the money spent overseas that could be used for our schools? no money for them but referundum after referundum for the schools and my property taxes go up to pay for the money the schools dont have so that tax cut didn't do me any good.

Blown 472
    You going to answer me? or, are you looking into the poor pitiful me handbook for answers? WTH?
    You going to have a battle of wits you need to load your weapon.
    Internet tough guy having to go to personal attacks?

OGShocker
    Internet tough guy having to go to personal attacks?
    You asked me a question. I answered.
    I ask you a question and still no answer.
    I this make me an "internet tough guy",,, uhhh OK.

eliminatedsprinter
    What the Republicans in power want to do (and have been doing) is to take the income that supports the expenses of our government, and buy your vote with it while they borrow the needed funds from the future.
    Maybe you are not a big fan of Social Security, but it is a covenant the government made with the people that is financed by payroll deduction. How is it right to steal or mismanage SS funds?
    Gore was right about needing a "lockbox" for these funds.
    I used to think that the Republican party was the party of "fiscal responsibility", but it was a Democratic administration that showed us a surplus was possible and now a Republican administration to demonstrate how fast a surplus can be converted to a HUGE deficit again!
    Neither party has been responsible with SS. Both parties have raided it's funds at will. Gores SS lockbox was a joke. It was nothing but a phoney rhetorical construct that had no real meaning and he had no intention of honering. As a Senator, Gore was as big of a SS fund raider as there ever was. That administration was the first in 55 years to have to deal with a republician congress. That had to have something to do with their spending habbits. If you remember their first 2 years, when they had a democratic congress, they were out of control. They raised taxes and they were proposing some of the biggest spending programes ever, the irresponsibility of those first 2 years is the main reason their party lost the congress.

eliminatedsprinter
    You mean like the so called tax cut we got?? whoopie ding. What about the money spent overseas that could be used for our schools? no money for them but referundum after referundum for the schools and my property taxes go up to pay for the money the schools dont have so that tax cut didn't do me any good.
    It did my family much good. And to be honest any cut is better than the increases of the past. Bush's education bill increased federal education spending (one reason I didn't like it) so if your property taxes went up it was not from a lack of federal dollars. In the past and in the present most schools get somewhere between 2-6% of their funding from the federal gov regardless of which party has been in power.
    Now back to the subject at hand. You still don't get my point. I don't want my federal gov to do anything for me other than those things that are constitutuonally mandated of it. I like personal freedom. I firmly believe that "the government that governs least, governs best". When I vote, I vote for the guy that is most likely to leave me alone and for the past 20 years or so, that has not been the Democrats....

Dave C
    OG, Carbon,
    I'm still laughing after those speeches. Thumbs up for Rudy(see sig line).
    this sucker is over before it started.
    Get SL's shirt size now. I told him not to bet you.

eliminatedsprinter
    Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security
    (FICA) Program. He promised:
    1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary,
    2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual incomes into the Program,
    3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,
    4.) That the money the participants put into the independent "Trust Fund" rather than into the General operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,
    5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.
    Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are getting ready to receive a
    Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to "put away," you may be interested in the following:
    Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent"Trust" fund and put it into the General fund so that Congress could spend it?
    A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.
    Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
    A: The Democratic Party.
    Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
    A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the "tie-breaking"deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the U.S.
    Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?
    A: That's right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved
    into this country, and at age 65, began to receive SSI Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!
    Then, after doing all this lying and thieving and violation of the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!
    And the worst part about it is, uninformed citizens believe it!
    Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during this 2004 election year!
    This is a great post.
    P.S. I currently do not pay into SS and I regard the money I have paid into SS, money down the rat hole. I am not basing my retirement plans on ever getting any of it back...

Dave C
    lets see... my business and income has grown by leaps and bounds and my boat has increased in size and value in the last 3 years........ so I blame Bush for that!
    I dont get it, why do you guys foam at the mouth for these clowns, what have they done for you?

OGShocker
    Awwww the good old days...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345