Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Did anyone else watch Zell Millers speach - HOLY SCHIE!!!

Essex502
    I have to do a little more homework but is it true that Zell Miller served three terms as Lieutenant Govenor under Lester Maddox - known as one of the most racist govenors of his time?
    Maddox on America:
    "That's part of American greatness, is discrimination. Yes, sir. Inequality, I think, breeds freedom and gives a man opportunity…"
    Zell Miller on Lester Maddox, 2003:
    "He sought public office three times before finally winning an election, but his first victory was for an office he cherished. It took the state constitution, the United States Supreme Court and the Georgia General Assembly to do it, but Lester Maddox finally made it. Georgia is a better state for it…"
    And gee...it looks like Miller's disdain for the Democrats came about after advisors publically urged Gore to choose Miller as his running mate - which he didn't. Is there a motive here?

ROZ
    I have to do a little more homework but is it true that Zell Miller served three terms as Lieutenant Govenor under Lester Maddox - known as one of the most racist govenors of his time?
    Maddox on America:
    "That's part of American greatness, is discrimination. Yes, sir. Inequality, I think, breeds freedom and gives a man opportunity…"
    Zell Miller on Lester Maddox, 2003:
    "He sought public office three times before finally winning an election, but his first victory was for an office he cherished. It took the state constitution, the United States Supreme Court and the Georgia General Assembly to do it, but Lester Maddox finally made it. Georgia is a better state for it…"
    And gee...it looks like Miller's disdain for the Democrats came about after advisors publically urged Gore to choose Miller as his running mate - which he didn't. Is there a motive here?
    Nothing is done without motivation, even your post. The real question is whether or not you conceive validity in his statements toward Kerry, Kerry's voting record, and the direction in which he believes Kerry will take the country based on how Miller portrays his "friend" of many years...

Essex502
    Nothing is done without motivation, even your post. The real question is whether or not you conceive validity in his statements toward Kerry, Kerry's voting record, and the direction in which he believes Kerry will take the country based on how Miller portrays his "friend" of many years...
    As I've said before on several other posts...I ain't votin' for Kerry. I'm sure that his statements have much truth in them but the vitriol with which he expounded them made me look into his motives as well. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good speech.

eliminatedsprinter
    The most recent article I read he was quoted as saying he wouldn't switch because he was born a Democrat.
    I've heard him say that also.
    I wouldn't be suprised if he worked for Maddox. His is of that age and from that state. As far as him being a republician in disguise. No way, he is however a southern conservative Democrat and more likely to support many of the things like tax cuts and defense etc, that are supported by todays republician party. I was suprised to here him called "the consious of the Democratic Party". The last time I heard someone called that by a Democratic leader, it was the title they gave to Sen Robert (the Klansman) Bird.

ROZ
    I'm sure that his statements have much truth in them but the vitriol with which he expounded them made me look into his motives as well.
    I believe that most sensible( I won't say rational) Americans(not necessarily voters) will question anyone who speaks from another party's convention and attempt to calculate (like the chess game politics is)the speech by what was and wasn't said. You know, read between the lines... :rollside:

Froggystyle
    That guy needs to be giving big tent revivals...
    "Amen my brother... put your hands on the radio, you will be healed-uh!!!!!"
    The toughest part about the whole speech for me was figuring out which one liner was going to be my new signature...

Dave C
    froggy ... good point... my favorites: (and an excellent point as well)
    Now, while young Americans are dying in the sands of Iraq and the mountains of Afghanistan, our nation is being torn apart and made weaker because of the Democrat's manic obsession to bring down our Commander in Chief.......
    I can remember when Democrats believed that it was the duty of America to fight for freedom over tyranny.
    Time after time in our history, in the face of great danger, Democrats and Republicans worked together to ensure that freedom would not falter. But not today.
    Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234