Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else watch Zell Millers speach - HOLY SCHIE!!!

eliminatedsprinter
    Pretty damn good speach last might. I didn't know of this guy until yesterday but now after ready a bit of his background and bio it's clear he should switch parties...he's definitely no Democrat.
    He says he sees no point in switching now that he is at the end of his career. I heard him say once (something to the effect of) that he is a fighter and he won't let his parties swich over to the far left push him out.

spectratoad
    The dems are now saying how "mean spirited" that speach was and that it is the Bush camps fault and they aren't playing fair etc.... It is about time that someone from the Dems told it like it is. :argue:
    I wish more of them would speak the truth whether they were retiring or not. The politico's need to quit looking for the compromise and just do the right thing. :devil:

carbonmarine
    I went to dinner after the Miller Speech and was listing to Chris Mathews on XM Radio and "Zell The American" came on.... Chris started in with his usual depositionary style of leading questions and jumpin to the next question without explaination and Zell let him have it ( Fireworks ! ) ..... It was awesome !
    The media has their feathers ruffled over that speach , participlarly where the solders & reports statment was applied ..... man. that was good.
    I belive it about time straight language was applied to the national debate.
    Rick32

ROZ
    Pretty damn good speach last might. I didn't know of this guy until yesterday but now after ready a bit of his background and bio it's clear he should switch parties...he's definitely no Democrat.
    He's no Republican either. I guess he's like the minority of registered voters in the nation, right in the middle....
    Oh, by the way. I'll be over on Saturday the watch the game, eat your food, and drink your beer. Heck, I may bring the whole family and borrow your boat. The Democrates say it's fine. Since I can't afford it, what's yours is mine

Essex502
    He says he sees no point in switching now that he is at the end of his career. I heard him say once (something to the effect of) that he is a fighter and he won't let his parties swich over to the far left push him out.
    The most recent article I read he was quoted as saying he wouldn't switch because he was born a Democrat.

ROZ
    The dems are now saying how "mean spirited" that speach was and that it is the Bush camps fault and they aren't playing fair etc....
    They want to talk fair? How about campaining during the opposing party's convention. It has been courtesey for years not to do it. Kerry and his campaign are out in full force with his 50million dollar advertising campaing right now! It's obvious that they have to. They can't win otherwise.
    BTW, I'm a swing voter...

Essex502
    He's no Republican either. I guess he's like the minority of registered voters in the nation, right in the middle....
    Oh, by the way. I'll be over on Saturday the watch the game, eat your food, and drink your beer. Heck, I may bring the whole family and borrow your boat. The Democrates say it's fine. Since I can't afford it, what's yours is mine
    Just bring one of those big plasma HDTV screens along and I'll show you where to put it! On the wall that is!
    Actually from the articles I'ev read this morning on Zell Miller, he's a Republican in disguise! He's voted Yes on every bill or vote the that Bush has supported since 2000. He co-sponsered Bush's tax cut bill in the Senate.
    BTW...he also praised Bill Clinton at the Democratic Convention in 1992...also three years ago he praised Kerry by calling him: "...one of this nation's most authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders, and a good friend,..."
    Heh...it was a good speach!

ROZ
    Just bring one of those big plasma HDTV screens along and I'll show you where to put it! On the wall that is!
    Actually from the articles I'ev read this morning on Zell Miller, he's a Republican in disguise! He's voted Yes on every bill or vote the that Bush has supported since 2000. He co-sponsered Bush's tax cut bill in the Senate.
    BTW...he also praised Bill Clinton at the Democratic Convention in 1992...also three years ago he praised Kerry by calling him: "...one of this nation's most authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders, and a good friend,..."
    Heh...it was a good speach!
    The Democratic party has changed 2 fold since 1992, but Kerry's voting and wobbling on the fence hasn't
    Since Miller claims to be friends with Kerry, I can only question Miller's insight on Kerry's policies and the way left turn in his party was well displayed in his speech.

jbtrailerjim
    I went to dinner after the Miller Speech and was listing to Chris Mathews on XM Radio and "Zell The American" came on.... Chris started in with his usual depositionary style of leading questions and jumpin to the next question without explaination and Zell let him have it ( Fireworks ! ) ..... It was awesome !
    The media has their feathers ruffled over that speach , participlarly where the solders & reports statment was applied ..... man. that was good.
    I belive it about time straight language was applied to the national debate.
    Rick32
    I watched that interview on tv. It was freakin great!!! Zell was pissed off. He wanted to come down there and kick Chris Mathews ass. He was so pissed at Chris Mathews when he wouldn't let him answer the questions without interrupting him, that he actually said during the interview he wished it was like it was in the old day's so, he could challenge Chris Mathews to a duel. I was laughing my ass off!!!
    Oh, and Zell's speach was simply awesome!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast