Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowties Forever

skeepwerkzaz
    Hey Folks,
    I jujst wanted to say that there is WWWAAAAAYYYY too much FORD talk goin on around here!!! Chevy's are the only way to spin a jet! My particular ride is a 18' Nordic. 468, aluminum heads w/ K-motion springs, port matched, cc'd and ported, weiand Hi-Ram w/ worked 660 center squirters, 10-1 pistons, Isky solid cam, .630 lift 269deg@.050, comp cam pushrods, Harland Sharp Roller rockers, Donovan gear drive and front cover, all plumbed w/aeroquip fireproof teflon AN hoses. The pump is a Berk 12-JG blueprinted by CP, w/ a loader, and a stuffer. The only problem is that is yet to be started! Thrashing to make it to Fox's for Memorial Day, and I'll take the Pepsi challenge with any of you FoRd guys right now! (pretty cocky huh?) None of the fOrDs in the other articles sound like too much of a threat though. Ha Ha I'm hoping to spin this ole Berk right around 6K, and my engine builder and CP think it's a good possibility. The proof is in the puddin' though so until mine starts-up I better shut-up cuz I can't step-up. Anyways Chevys rule, FuRds suck and I'll start taking numbers now with any of you Parker people with fords that want to get spanked (and out-roosted) in front of your loved ones!
    Until next time...
    Skeep

phillyray
    Daaammmmmm...talk about a verbal bitch slap! rebutal Ford Guys?

Slick
    Hey, Skeep
    My boats not running either, having the pump redone and new floor. I'm running a Chevy 502hp. I really don't care if it's a *@#$%^&-over-rebuilt-Dodge or not, but with talk like that you deserve to be whooped up on. When you do decide to race, do me two favors:
    1. Stage your race down-river from Roadrunner across from LaPaz Park, that's where I stay. Love watching a good race.
    2. Don't be another weekend warrior and try to race on the busiest weekend of the year. I'd hate to see you get pulled over by the Sherriff's Dept. or worse, fished off the bottom by LaPaz Search and Rescue.
    Good luck with your boat, have fun and be safe.
    Slick
    [This message has been edited by Slick (edited April 26, 2001).]

Cas42
    Skeep,
    It goes without saying that Chevy's are better so there's no need to waste the energy typing about it.

spectras only
    No comment,just a waste of time! BTW Skeep, I have a "real chev,1970 LS-6" in one of my boat and a FORD 429 CJ in another.Who cares???

skeepwerkzaz
    Ha,
    I got y'all talkin anyway! I like anything with pistons, I just prefer the General. My true love falls on the hands of my 65 GTO. Just waiting to build a bad-ass ponton to sneak into the rails of a pumper! Hey slick... we camp at Fox's my bro and I, he has a 19' Daytona w/a 900+ horse BBC (8-71 etc.) and he will dispose of whatever I can't! We aren't Parker idiots, and know that there is a time and place for everything... My time is usually around sun-up! We plan on getting there on tue-wed to wind out all of the kinks. I am a 20 yr boater that knows whats going on, so I know what/what not to do, no cops for me. I wont even touch a brew if I know I am going to be behind the wheel. I am just hopeing for a little friendly competition, and I think I will be set.
    Later,
    SKEEP

spectras only
    Hey Skeep,in your profile you state your occupation being a student.Now ,you say you're a 20 year boater,add another 16 years when you can operate a boat by yourself,that makes you about 36 years old.What happened,how come you're still a student of what?

skeepwerkzaz
    Spectra,
    I am a 28 yr old Grad student. First drove a jet boat (on daddys knee) when I was 5. I am getting my masters in Aerospace Technology. I also own a computer 3D modeling company. Back in the 80's you didn't need a D.L. to operate on waterways, so I started pulling ole mom&dad behind our '78 Sanger bubble deck (BBC of course)when I was a lad of 8-9. Get em started early, thats what I say.
    Have a good one,
    SKEEP

skeepwerkzaz
    Spectra,
    Just a thought....We are all trying to have a good time in here, and a friendly ribbing never hurt anyone. Just trying to get pumped for the season, don't need anyone telling me "just a waste of time." Free country and all. You live out west? Maybe we'll meet on the water!
    Have a good one,
    SKEEP

spectras only
    Yes, I live out west,the only problem that's I'm 1500 miles north. I'd like to make the all boats regatta this year if my workload allows.And if I can make it, the biggest problem ,how to tow two boats at once,hehe.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast